Where to Park the Monster Trucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
first off, i know this section of the forum is for other vehicle builds.... and this isn't a vehicle, but i didn't know where else to post this. **mods - if you know a better spot for this please move it. also, i figured this site has lots of handy dads & grandpas that might find this fun/cool to build for a son/grandson.

my little guy (6 yrs old) LOVES his hot wheels monster trucks and has a TON of them. i wanted some place cool for him to store them. i went to a local sporting goods store and bought a bicycle tire. i had some leftover pieces of 1"x4" from odd jobs around the house. i painted the 1"x 4" the same colour as the darker wall in his room.

You must be registered for see images attach

the 1"x4" is held in place on both sides of the tire with 1.25" #6 screws - i painted the screw heads black. i found it was better to screw in right by the edge of the tire (thicker rubber)

and the final product with one VERY happy boy (and of course one of his many stuffies)...

it's a super simple project that didn't take long to build and take it from this dad... my son LOVES it! he thinks it's absolutely awesome!