Wheels stick out to far for PA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carguy77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wheels stick out past my fenders only about an inch. I dont have flares on it., and I'm running spacers in the rear. Ive never been pulled over for it and my truck passes inspection with no issue.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is a 96 1500. Front I put 3 turns in torsion bars, cheap rs5000 shocks, rear had air shocks when it had the worn out leafs, I took leafs straight out of a 02 1500hd and put them in it and took air shocks off. Old leafs would go to bump stops jus hooked to 18ft car hauler if I didn't have air shocks. Now it goes down a out 1.5-2" and as soon as it hits the long overload it dont any further loaded

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No lift at all? I have a 3" BL and rolled some 35's up to the wheel wells just to check (see how they looked compared to my 33s), and there was no damn way they'd fit, what'd you have to do to get those to fit so nice on there?

Is that a 1500?
I ran 37s with 3" bl and TB tightened up and 2.5" blocks on the back. 35s fit tight with just the and blocks but I run fa tory gm 20s so 8" wide and factory offsets...I run 35s now with bl,the, and blocks

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Help please . Can you get 35/12.5r15 tires on a 97 Silverado 1500 4x4 without them sticking out past fender flares .

The problem in this equation is the 15" wheel. In order for the 15's to clear the lower ball joint, it needs to be offset. Anyone giving you suggestions on any wheel larger than 16 doesn't have the clearance problem of the undersize 15" wheel.

Theres been partial solutions offered, none will allow the current 15" wheel to attain any more positive offset. It comes down to: get new wheels & tires, or face more tickets.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The problem in this equation is the 15" wheel. In order for the 15's to clear the lower ball joint, it needs to be offset. Anyone giving you suggestions on any wheel larger than 16 doesn't have the clearance problem of the undersize 15" wheel.

Theres been partial solutions offered, none will allow the current 15" wheel to attain any more positive offset. It comes down to: get new wheels & tires, or face more tickets.

GMT 400 4x4 trucks come from the factory with 16" wheels and tires.

Mr Eric

Reaction score
Yo, evil…..
Has anybody ever mentioned to you that you’re a rather literal kinda’ guy……..?

How well that conversation will go if almost entirely up to the variables of both the officer and the driver.
I know i could drive that truck and never expect problems, though I know my nephew couldn't make it down the street without an unpleasant roadside conversation.

YMMV.

That is the situation everywhere in the country, LOT'S of variables......