Wheel cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carguy77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I bought a mother's powercone and mag polish. It seems to be working, gets some of it off. Looks like something acid based is my next step. If I can't find that Napa stuff. They're far and few between where i live

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP, you could check out this wheel cleaner I picked up from NAPA. I found it while youtubing how to clean and polish Aluminum wheels. The stuff worked so well that I don't think I am going to bother polishing the wheels. Follow the instructions only leaving the product on for 30 sec at a time with light scrubbing if needed using a brush. I repeated several times but was very amazed at how well it worked right away.

Those wheels look outstanding! What brand & size are they with that tire combo?

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This might be an appropriate post to ask a wheel question. I have a '94 GMC K1500 with stock wheels 3 of which are in pretty good shape, One looks like its flaking off a surface. Are these wheels clear coated? If so, what do I use to clean them? I spent most of my car life with a 65 Chevy Van so I don't know exactly what a clear coat is or how to keep it clean.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The factory saw blade rims are clear coated. If you wanted them to be a polished surface, you could use aircraft paint stripper to remove the clear coat.