Synthetic Oil Stains on Driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently did an oil pan gasket replacement and oil cooler line delete on my truck. I spilled a bunch of AmsOil 100% Synthetic 5W-30 oil on my driveway after a failed oil cooler upgrade and I have these terrible oil stains that won't come out of my driveway. My Dad and I used cat litter, Dawn dish soap, Simple Green, and Tide laundry detergent alongside scrubbing with a wide broom and water. The stains look dark as if I never even tried scrubbing them out. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? My Dad and I have contemplated power washing the driveway, but are there any other solutions out there?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chlorine bleach ie: Clorox worked for me. Home Depot sells " ZEP " products. The " Degreaser Fast 505 " is very good , very caustic , use on aluminum and it will pre etch for paint. It's available at other hardware stores. Also Tide powder 1 cup, mixed with bucket of hot water. Stiff scrub brush. Wear gloves at that ratio it will burn and or take skin off your hands.
I also have this artsy design in my sidewalk where I dropped and exploded a plastic spray bottle of whitewall cleaner brightener. At least 4 years ago now ,it looks like I did it yesterday. Ha ha. My wife and kids can't resist commenting.:3811797817_8d685371