Wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts stores don’t ask if my truck is extended cab
what vehicle do I need the new brakes for
I've seen them not list enough options or ask the right questions before at the part store. I'd ask if there are two different parts that come up for it and ask to look at the difference, or as stated earlier you could get parts for the same truck 1995 model? I'd still look and confirm before leaving the parts store.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Parts stores don’t ask if my truck is extended cab
Although...I'd bet that the parts guy (kid) probably asked, "Is the truck a stickshift or automatic? 2 wheel drive or 4x4? 1/2 ton or 3/4? 18" or 19" wiper blades?"
"It's a C1500. Whatever the transmission is, is irrelevant. Wiper blades? Seriously?"
(Blank look) "2 wheel drive or 4x4?"
Some of these so-called 'Partsmen' are 1/2 the age of the oldest versions of these trucks. Clueless. It's all too much ancient history to them.
But they're wearing the team shirt with the logo on the back, their name on the front left & 'Parts' on the right, so that must mean that they really are a partsman.
Ask them about Honda Civics, BMwubble-U's, anything Hyundai or some other such nonsense & they'll rattle part numbers off of the top of their head.
When it comes to these trucks, the info pretty well has to be spoon-fed to the kiddies behind the counter.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The thicker rotors are the upgrade anyway. Just tell them it's an extended cab. They got HD brakes by default, regardless of year. Or if their lookup has RPO codes (many do) - JB5

Richard