What size thread on the return line on a 5.7 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am changing over to braided nylon lines and can not determine what size it is

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's more than one return line on a 5.7 vortec my dude, and potentially more than one option depending on the year. You'll need to be more specific.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1997 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 .I am talking about the return line on the end of the stainless steel feeder and return assembly that goes into the fuel injection

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are talking about the metal lines on the fuel feed lines to the spider, I have only ever seen M16x1.50 on the feed and M14x1.50 on the return. They are of course Saginaw Power Steering fittings with an o'ring and the fuel line is male thread going into the female threads on the hard lines going into the spider. If there is another option, I have not run across it in ~20 Vortec powered Trucks, SUVs and Vans.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the metal lines on the fuel feed lines to the spider, I have only ever seen M16x1.50 on the feed and M14x1.50 on the return. They are of course Saginaw Power Steering fittings with an o'ring and the fuel line is male thread going into the female threads on the hard lines going into the spider. If there is another option, I have not run across it in ~20 Vortec powered Trucks, SUVs and Vans.