What shocks are people running.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a heads up that Rancho are owned by the same company who owns Monroe and a bunch of other stuff, Tenneco. Their warranty may be good but I have not read good things in regard to their lifespan and construction quality. No direct experience with them, though.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Just a heads up that Rancho are owned by the same company who owns Monroe and a bunch of other stuff, Tenneco. Their warranty may be good but I have not read good things in regard to their lifespan and construction quality. No direct experience with them, though.
tenneco must own ALOT of things lol. they also own walker exhaust, and build the exhaust systems for new powerstroke and cummins. plus a bunch of other ford/chrysler vehicles

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always used the Monroe HD shocks (the yellow ones) but when I lifted I was looking for longer ones and could not find them.so I got skyjacker 7000 shocks. Wanted the M95 but they are expensive.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out off road design. They carry a few lines of shocks (including Fox even though it isn't listed on their site).
Very knowledgeable people about these old full size Chevy trucks. They can actually get you custom/proper length and valving if you go with the Bilstein 5125s or Fox. Bilsteins were $95 and the Fox go for $125 but have a slightly softer ride.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

96dually454

Reaction score
I run the yellow and blue 4600's on my 96 K3500 Dually. Best ride I've had in it. I did try the KYB Maxx but they blew out within 2 months, they don't like heavy towing! No issues with the Bilsteins in the year since I put them on.