What is this part called and where can I find a replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaercole

Reaction score
Hello all. New to this site. Bought a 99 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4L to pull a travel trailer. Needed a bit of work but got it running smooth now. But there is a tube that connects to the front driver side piston exhaust manifold. It is broken on mine so it's causing that leaking tiss tiss tiss sound. I want to replace it but don't know what it is. My mechanic said it was the secondary air injection tube. But a google search shows nothing like it. Pic attached.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jaercole

Reaction score
It's not an EGR tube. EGR tube connects at the EGR valve on the intake manifold to the exhaust manifold next to the transmission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mechanic is right... where is it broken.. usually those are stainless steel.. depending where it's broke/split you may be able to braze it together.. I say braze as welding stainless can sometimes be a pain if the welders never done it before... or you can also silver solder it.... either way will work...

sent from what use to be a great country...

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not an EGR tube. EGR tube connects at the EGR valve on the intake manifold to the exhaust manifold next to the transmission.
My bad. I'm not as familiar with the BBC world and I couldn't see where the rest of the tube went.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
If you don't have emissions, plug it.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit