What is rear air in a truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am buying new carpet from lmc auto carpet and they have an extended can with or without rear air. How do I tell if I have rear air? I have little vents in the floor on the transmission tunnel but does that classify it as rear air

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sounds like that's what you have. Pix?
Buick, Oldsmobile & Caddy convertibles had a similar system back in the early '60's. For heat & air.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I called the dealership and they said to have rear air there has to be a way to control the rear air like in the newer vehicles. They also said they only had rear air in crew cabs and that the two vents on the floor are just vents that transfer heat/air to the back without controlling it

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Well I called the dealership and they said to have rear air there has to be a way to control the rear air like in the newer vehicles. They also said they only had rear air in crew cabs and that the two vents on the floor are just vents that transfer heat/air to the back without controlling it

You will need the carpet that has holes where those vents are to allow the heat to transfer to the back, not just under the carpet.
So yes, buy the one that is for models WITH "Rear Air"

blueridgerobbie

RiverMonster
Reaction score
In the ext cabs and cc truck, they had and extra piece of duct work that was attached at the bottom of where the floor outlet is in the center. It ran under the carpet and had 2 small vents in the floor that gave the rear a little bit of air on the feet, but not much. I actually added this to my 95. It is real simple to put in any truck that didnt have it factory. The small vents in the floor do classify it as rear air.

I need to learn how to type faster....