What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron Poston

Reaction score
What are plans for the 31 Chrysler? What's the story behind it?
My great grandpa bought it in Phoenix in 1946 and he drove it back to Oklahoma and he used it to plow his fields there until it stopped working and he parked it in his barn. My great uncle got it running again in 1955 but for some reason left it there and it hasn't run since. My grandpa took it home with him to Missouri a couple years ago and started working on it but his health has been declining so he said bring that old chevy(which he bought new and we bought from him) and come pick it up so my dad and I did just that. We want to restore it to just about original but probably a newer motor if we can't get the original working. Its pretty rough but it'll be fun.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should have gotten a picture, I flat towed a 2012 Hyundai Accent with my Suburban. Had to run the chain around the motor mount, kept thinking i was going to destroy the car. lol

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I towed my travel trailer with the Express van friday afternoon 90 miles to where I am staying this weekend. I had a hard time not wanting to run 80+ mph with traffic. Picture is older but only difference is I now have a full 1-ton suspension swap and 14-bolt full float 10.5" rear under it. I will say with the new cam and 200cc aluminum heads it is much livelier when the 4L85E downshifts to accelerate. Will also say the Hellwig rear sway bar setup is amazing combined with the load distributing hitch setup with built in anti-sway. In 90 miles I burned 1/3 of a tank or about 10 gallons. I do not feel that 9 mpg is that bad for what I am moving along. With the 5.13 gear and 31.5" tall tire I hold 4th most of the time now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I towed my travel trailer with the Express van friday afternoon 90 miles to where I am staying this weekend. I had a hard time not wanting to run 80+ mph with traffic. Picture is older but only difference is I now have a full 1-ton suspension swap and 14-bolt full float 10.5" rear under it. I will say with the new cam and 200cc aluminum heads it is much livelier when the 4L85E downshifts to accelerate. Will also say the Hellwig rear sway bar setup is amazing combined with the load distributing hitch setup with built in anti-sway. In 90 miles I burned 1/3 of a tank or about 10 gallons. I do not feel that 9 mpg is that bad for what I am moving along. With the 5.13 gear and 31.5" tall tire I hold 4th most of the time now.

You must be registered for see images attach

9 mpg while pulling a camper with a gasser isn't bad at all!