Tow ratings question on 1500-2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Allegedly my 2500 LD spent its past life dragging around a skid steer on a gooseneck trailer and lived to tell the tale. You're safe at the specified limit, these trucks can surely do more than what they're rated for once in a while. Just take it easy and drive safe.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to what GM said your truck is built for. There is a white decal label on your glove box door. The one that's printed " GCWR " . The C meaning combined , truck and trailer. So that weight is the truck, cargo in truck and trailer wt.
How your truck is built determines what is capacity will be.
Engine power, transmission type capacity, braking power, suspension capacity, frame type strength. That's what GM built it for.

Another

Reaction score
I tow thing i shouldn't with my 96-6 lug all the time. It is definitely do able if you want to pay the price for parts failure. Glazing the brakes, collapsed lifters, rebuilding the rear end, rebuild the transfer case, amazingly the 4l60e don't care. Stopping and hills take more attention and patience. More horses and stopping is what you need most.

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20221015-124252_Gallery.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20221015-124252_Gallery.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 10