what do you all think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
If I talk to a guy for an hour about a truck and he "has to go to church and is to call after church to set up a time to look at it" he calls you first and sets up the time. Just the call after church telling gator he set up the appointment with some one else, and if "he doesnt buy it ill let you know," Thats just not honest dealings to me. Its my opinion, I wont argue over it, its just the way I feel over the deal. I think gator has the right to be pissed off, I think gator showed great personality and self control over the deal. The truck is the other dudes and he can sell it to who ever he wants, its his truck. I just think gator had first right to buy it or pass it up. Nuff said
Are we related? lol

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Im a son of a United States Vetran, and I was raised right. You seem to have been raised alot the same, or you picked it up along the way
Father was in the ARMY and mother was in the Air Force. Good to see there are other honest people out there

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly did this guy do wrong? You "assume" you were the first person to contact him? The guy called you to tell you he had another interested party coming to look at it at 4:30. That's pretty stand up of him, He didnt have to call you at all....Why not ask the seller if you could look at it at 3? When I've had trucks and cars for sale on craigslist 90% of the people who contacted me were flakes. Not trying to be an ass but the guy didnt do anything wrong.

meh I don't know when I sell something on craigslist I tell every potential buyer it could be gone at any second first person with cash takes it :shrug:

Sent from my static android

Both of these, I understand being upset but I've had so many no shows from craigslist that its first come first serve now. I do make sure to tell everyone that calls that though and I do try an set up times in order of the time people call. I don't go out of my way for anyone though because I'm just tired of dealing with the tire kickers an low ballers.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Not trying to start a fight here but I just don't understand why you could be so mad. You clearly told the guy you can't look at it until after 5 because of work. He called you to tell you someone was coming sooner, gave you an opportunity to look at it before 4:30. Its not his fault that you cant be the first one to look at it......Assuming that you were the first one to contact him. You expect him to put the truck under lock and key and take down the ad because you haven't looked at it? You probably missed out on a great truck because in the end, the first one with the money will be the new owner of the truck.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I mean yeah, even I would take the first cash offer no matter who it was. But if you're setting up appointments to check out the vehicle you set them up in the order of interest. That's how I was taught to sell things, and I believe that's the fair way to do it. I've sold numerous vehicles on craigslist and I know most of them are low balling idiots, but I still would never do anything like that, especially to a potential buyer as interested as I was.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Nonetheless, it is over and done with and I will continue my search for something I like even more. It really ain't that big of a deal, what's done is done and I truly believe everything happens for a reason. So now I have more time to save up. I'm in no hurry I still have a daily driver that works great lol

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It LOOKS solid, but so did my 98 I went to MS to buy. Take a code scanner with you!!!! Make sure the CEL is operational. Make sure the trans shifts good after it warms up, take it on a 10-15 mile test drive and explain to the seller why, not a "round the block" test drive. Look up under it for leaks. Press down on the carpet on the pass side and see if water comes up.

If all that checks out, I still wouldn't give him more than $4800 or so for those miles.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
It LOOKS solid, but so did my 98 I went to MS to buy. Take a code scanner with you!!!! Make sure the CEL is operational. Make sure the trans shifts good after it warms up, take it on a 10-15 mile test drive and explain to the seller why, not a "round the block" test drive. Look up under it for leaks. Press down on the carpet on the pass side and see if water comes up.

If all that checks out, I still wouldn't give him more than $4800 or so for those miles.
Thanks for the advice Chris! Unfortunately this one fell through and I'm going to search for one with lower miles