what do you all think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would have just told him what he did was wrong and that is why he lost my business....

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a similar deal happen right around christmas, it was a bit more of a screwing over non the less, I lost my cool ripped the dudes ass, made a big deal out of something I should have just walked away. I got my point across clearly to the individual, he will probably never make the mistake again. After a few weeks went by I was still pist as hell, but Im not proud of the way I lost my cool, and I regret not being more diplomatic about my temper tantrum. Ive learned my lesson.

I just grew up in a house that a deal is a deal, your word is the only thing you have at the end of the day. If you say your your going to do something, I will do it or go to my grave trying.

I wish I had held my cool like you.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
If I hadn't had my girlfriend next to me things may have turned out otherwise. Luckily she calms me down before I make bad decisions. As a seller he should have known better, it may come back to bite him in the butt eventually.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Sorry.. was driving home from my girlfriend's house.

Anyway, long story short. I talked to this guy for almost an hour about this truck, I would assume I was the first to contact him because it had JUST come up on CL. The guy says, "I have to go to church for a bit, I'll contact you right afterwards." I said, "ok we can set up a time to check it out then." He texts me after church and says, "a guy called me as I was walking out from church and he will be looking at it at 4:30, if it doesn't sell I will let you know." BULLSH!T, you do not take the 2nd person who calls and put him in front of the first guy interested, not in this situation at least. If he's willing to screw me over now, wonder how the truck will be? Not only that, If the other guy doesn't want it I'm sure there's a reason. I nicely said, "I'm no longer interested, good luck with your sale." :nono:

What exactly did this guy do wrong? You "assume" you were the first person to contact him? The guy called you to tell you he had another interested party coming to look at it at 4:30. That's pretty stand up of him, He didnt have to call you at all....Why not ask the seller if you could look at it at 3? When I've had trucks and cars for sale on craigslist 90% of the people who contacted me were flakes. Not trying to be an ass but the guy didnt do anything wrong.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Common courtesy would have been to set up that other gentleman's time after mine. I told him we would have to plan to be after 5 due to work and not getting off till 4. A potential buyer called him AFTER me and the seller set up a time before mine. If that's not wrong than I'm just too damn honest of a man.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
meh I don't know when I sell something on craigslist I tell every potential buyer it could be gone at any second first person with cash takes it :shrug:

Sent from my static android

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I talk to a guy for an hour about a truck and he "has to go to church and is to call after church to set up a time to look at it" he calls you first and sets up the time. Just the call after church telling gator he set up the appointment with some one else, and if "he doesnt buy it ill let you know," Thats just not honest dealings to me. Its my opinion, I wont argue over it, its just the way I feel over the deal. I think gator has the right to be pissed off, I think gator showed great personality and self control over the deal. The truck is the other dudes and he can sell it to who ever he wants, its his truck. I just think gator had first right to buy it or pass it up. Nuff said

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I guess I am a more honest seller than most? :shrug: oh well... The way I look at it is that everything happens for a reason, gives me more time to save for an even nicer one with lower miles and also possibly have enough to buy the RC lift I want soon after :evillol:

goodbye fuel mileage lol What happen to wanting something smalled to save on fuel?