What could it be.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found this w the obd II
You must be registered for see images attach

And found this when I pulled the plugs. Driver side....

The other side.....

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking it was leaking/pouring gas from the fuel injector for a while and I prolly should do a compression test before I do anything.

What makes you think that? Looks like the driver's side plugs look a little fouled up? But I don't think that would warrant a compression test?

Did you look at the fuel trims?

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been too busy and it was raining every day I had a day off. Today I found out the battery was weak and replaced it, then I checked the fuel pressure at the rail.60psi w the key,crank it and it goes down to 57/58 while it shakes and stumbles.I'm sure the fuel pump is original.So any advice for what brand or part number for the fuel pump?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been too busy and it was raining every day I had a day off. Today I found out the battery was weak and replaced it, then I checked the fuel pressure at the rail.60psi w the key,crank it and it goes down to 57/58 while it shakes and stumbles.I'm sure the fuel pump is original.So any advice for what brand or part number for the fuel pump?

Wait, you got 60 psi with key on before cranking? Then 57-58 psi after running? That's within the specification. You have proved that you DON'T have a fuel delivery problem. Changing the fuel pump will not fix your lean code.

If you follow the service manual @east302 provided, the next step is to perform an injector balance test. That will 100% tell you which injectors are bad. Bank 2 are injectors on cylinders: 2, 4, 6 & 8.

That's what I suspected and someone pointed out. At this point I would check vacuum with a guage, just to rule that out. Take it to a shop that can check the injectors. Should be pretty easy for them and should not be too expensive. Diagnostics only I mean.

The upgrade MPFI injectors themselves are around $250-$350, depending on where you get them. Lots of videos how to change them. Takes about 2-3 hours. Or have shop change them if feel not going through the trouble.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reve the engine and see what the fuel pressure does. It should come up as the engine RPS do. As for brand pump, AC Delco or Delphi ONLY. I put a cheap pump in years ago, and it lasted 3 months. I just replaced my FP last weekend. Took the wife and I 3 hours. Thats dropping the tank, and cleaning it out. I also changed the screen on the pump ( a must do with a new pump) and replaced the fuel filter. When I say 3 hours, thats from the time I jacked up the truck, to the time I put the rear tire back on, and lowered the truck, and fired it up. Total cost was just under $125. I did just the pump, not the assembly.

Last edited:

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem. I have never seen 66 PSI, but I know it is max. Another clue to low fuel pressure, is an O2 sensor code. To much O2 and not enough fuel. Mostly at WOT, or at higher RPMs. For an old man ( almost 62 years old) I have a lead foot. My truck has some performance mods., and I like to drive hard and fast. My truck is at about 325 HP and runs a 15 second 1/4 mile. So not super fast, but better than stock by far. So I notice a lack of fuel pressure when it happens, or better yet, when the truck is starving for fuel. If someone drives easy, slowly, ECT they may not notice this as quick as I do. My driving habits demand more fuel than your average driver.

Awesome! Do you wear driving gloves?:D