What carb is this its two barrel i thought that 350's in 82' had Quadrajet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did GM have a two-barrel version of the electronic Quadrajet?
They did, both dual jet 210 and varajet versions. The 210 was used on the 3.8 Buick and Chevy V6 as well as the Pontiac 301. I have also seen a feedback bersion of the Dualjet 200 where it was a full Q-Jet with the secondaries cast shut. Was on an 85 307 Riviera.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer three Holleys on a 400 small-block. 350 cfm center carb, 500 cfm end carbs (2-barrel ratings. Rated as a 4-barrel, it's about 930 cfm, vacuum secondaries.)

Photo from trial-assembly about thirty years ago. There have been some alterations...

Yes, that's a full-size, coil-in-cap HEI behind the rear carb.
You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer three Holleys on a 400 small-block. 350 cfm center carb, 500 cfm end carbs (2-barrel ratings. Rated as a 4-barrel, it's about 930 cfm, vacuum secondaries.)

Photo from trial-assembly about thirty years ago. There have been some alterations...

Yes, that's a full-size, coil-in-cap HEI behind the rear carb.
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks great! Reminds me of 435 hp 427 or 340 6 pack. Its a shame a single 4bbl will outperform it everywhere.

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad to see members here know thier stuff!

Those 2GC two barrel cars are the most common stuff from the 1970's - iirc they can rival our TBI's for CFM ratings... seriously.

As to the Dual jet, the first version (a Quadrajet with the secondary side unfinished/closed off) was only done for a couple years, and if you pop off the airhorn of the second kind, or better yet compare the fuel bowl and throttle body portions, you will see that they are still based on the quadrajet design - except unlike hte innagural dual jet, the casting portions for the secondary side have been removed.