Weird door pin bushing issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin400s

Reaction score
Dealer couldn't help me either. He called GM parts and they told him it was a mid 2000 rolling change... Apparently you have to buy the whole hinge which is $190 or something like that...

I just drilled the hinge to accept the normal bushing. I did purchase GM bushings to use.

Thanks for this info. Got the door off of my 2000 K2500 and completely fubared the new bushing trying to press it in. The bushings I took out did not look like the normal ones and were that thin walled bushing with some type of insert in it. I'm guessing that it's the mid 2000 rolling change you described. I'll be taking measurements from my 98 Z71 and drilling out the hinge holes in my 2k K2500 to fit the bushing that the previous 12 years of GMT400s had.

Mammoth_Man

Reaction score
I ran into this issue as well. The hinges on my passenger door were clearly replaced at some point because they are bolted in. What size drill bit did you use for each bushing on the lower hinge? Not sure how tight to make it since they are press fit.