Door Hinge Pins & Bushings, Cunningham Machine vs. New Greaseable GM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it gets ya by for a while I guess that’s something. It’s not their own branded product I’m sure. Probably the same as someone else’s. Cunningham is made in the USA.

My thoughts exactly. I Googled that part number/company and the only places I was seeing them for sale were Amazon, CarID, 1A Auto etc. I couldn't even find a TRQ company website. I bet they're re-branded Dorman, AKA hot garbage.

Hinge pins/bushings are one thing I would not skimp on, speaking from experience. The Dormans that were on my Suburban before started wearing out again noticeably after less than a year.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I Googled that part number/company and the only places I was seeing them for sale were Amazon, CarID, 1A Auto etc. I couldn't even find a TRQ company website. I bet they're re-branded Dorman, AKA hot garbage.

Hinge pins/bushings are one thing I would not skimp on, speaking from experience. The Dormans that were on my Suburban before started wearing out again noticeably after less than a year.
This is definitely a case for "do it once, do it right"...

socal k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just did this job over the course of last week, i initially bought pins and bushings from amazon but ended up buying the Cunningham ones after all. More expensive for sure but i didnt want to have to deal with this again. Make sure your door latch asssembly isnt messed up too before you put everything back on.

my door latch assembly was so toast that at the factory height the door wouldnt latch correctly causing the door to get stuck closed. If you have the door off to do pins and bushings id recommend doing the latch assembly if it looks bad.

also for anyone wondering when you remove the door panel on the inside you will probably break some of the white posts/clips that hold the panel to the door, you can buy them in bulk on amazon super cheap.

Jerrys1990

Reaction score
Just did this job over the course of last week, i initially bought pins and bushings from amazon but ended up buying the Cunningham ones after all. More expensive for sure but i didnt want to have to deal with this again. Make sure your door latch asssembly isnt messed up too before you put everything back on.

my door latch assembly was so toast that at the factory height the door wouldnt latch correctly causing the door to get stuck closed. If you have the door off to do pins and bushings id recommend doing the latch assembly if it looks bad.

also for anyone wondering when you remove the door panel on the inside you will probably break some of the white posts/clips that hold the panel to the door, you can buy them in bulk on amazon super cheap.
Do you have a link for those? My door panels are missing them already.

Jerrys1990

Reaction score

To clarify after reading thru the posts....you are using Dorkman pins and the Cunningham bushings? I just went thru the hassle of installing the Dorkman stuff today and my friend and I were appalled that the bushing crumbled apart as soon as we set the door back on to line it up. Also....have a picture of how the drivers side roller setup is supposed to look? Mine is completely missing. Tired of having to slam the hell out of my driver's door because it's all fubr'd.