Door Hinge Pins & Bushings, Cunningham Machine vs. New Greaseable GM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where do you get them? Punching that number in the Google machine got me pdf docs but nothing jumping out at me to click buy.

If you take the space after the "AP" out it seems like you get a few more results. I found a listing for them on eBay for $10 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354206352256

EDIT - Looks like that might only be a four pack though...

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Where do you get them? Punching that number in the Google machine got me pdf docs but nothing jumping out at me to click buy.
I bought them at a local auto parts store,Hovis Auto, here in town. I had to order them and it took about a week to get them. How many do you need? I have a whole bag of twenty 25 and only need 12.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had no issue with the greasable pin set up. Also tried one of the other brand kits on Amazon and it worked better than dorman set

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Suburban goes into the shop on Wednesday morning to get this stuff installed. To reiterate, I got new hinge pins (and clips), bushings, strikers, and rollers for both front doors, plus a new driver's side interior door handle (original quit working, which is what started this project). The bushings and rollers are from Cunningham Machine, all other parts are OEM GM.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd have to say yes. I had the Dorman in for a month or so before I figured out they crumbled. Asked on here and found Cunningham, no way was I paying $90 for a door pin from GM! Ordered 2 sets of Cunningham, one for each door.
Reused the Dorman pins and they seem to fit the bushing fine. Each pin will use a small and a large bushing.
I did grease up the pins on install.
Don't know the best way to lube the pins though.
Grease will attract and hold dirt and dust and can cause premature wear. Maybe it's not an issue, don't know!
clean the area and use something that doesnt migrate much but also is clear or if you dont care, just apply it only to the part that matters. If you use a spray type lube, a dry film may go well for you, you can get it from the store in a liquid container and then use a small wire or hose and direct it to the area, flow it in, then it will dry and the film is non sticky.
I use
You must be registered for see images attach

For hinges on my gmas car door. I have also used a very basic white lithium on my trucks passenger door after I cleaned the hinges almost perfectly and then applied just enough onto the hinges with a wooden stick thing (used a different kind on my driver side) so far the white lithium in limited , not excess use has been doing well but I dont open that door often. isnt attracting much dirt thankfully. a spray may attract more dirt but apply easier too. I never have used the waxy stick lubricant but i imagine it doesnt do too bad as its used for sliding/rolling and zippers. id imagine it may need more application on a hinge because of the force on a small area, which idk how you would apply after a application when assembling youd just coat things.

Thats why I think the liquid to dry might be safest bet, can be reapplied decently often without much effort. If you get a spray-to-dry (Like WD40 Dry film spray, Ive used that) you could use the force to both clean out debris and lubricate , if youre allways forcing fresh dry film stuff in after wiping away dirt youd prob keep it pretty clean

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everything is installed except the rollers, turns out my originals were still in decent shape (just needed some lube) so I saved the Cunningham Machine ones for a future date. According to my mechanic it all went in just fine with no difficulties. The front doors on the 'burb sit exactly how they're supposed to and operate very smoothly now. I'm a happy camper!

Hopefully the Cunningham Machine bushings last longer than the Dorman ones did, time will tell.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
I installed the GM greaseable pins. They're a PAIN... A PAIN to install with out damaging paint or anything. Once installed, they work great; the bushing hold up. Mine have been in for a year or so. No issues. I just did my nephew's truck. That was a disaster. I was tired that day, pushed myself to do the job, and it was a s**t show... Lol!! Got it done. He called me the next day while I was at work to tell me the c-clip holding the pin in fell out and the pin fell out... It sits cocked in the hinge now until spring comes. F it.

If you install these dot your I's cross your T's!

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO even though GM parts prices are stupidly high some of it you can’t and shouldn’t skimp on. Dorman parts are offensive whatta shame that’s the only place that you can get some of this stuff now and it’s junk right outta the box

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
IMO even though GM parts prices are stupidly high some of it you can’t and shouldn’t skimp on. Dorman parts are offensive whatta shame that’s the only place that you can get some of this stuff now and it’s junk right outta the box
I'm generally not a huge Dorman fan, but, I used them to replace a rotted rear shackle bracket/hanger, and it seemed decently made and bolt holes lined up perfectly.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm generally not a huge Dorman fan, but, I used them to replace a rotted rear shackle bracket/hanger, and it seemed decently made and bolt holes lined up perfectly.
They seem hit or miss on stuff. I’ve had good and bad with their products. Sorta like Rockauto