Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Disc brake adapters, steering shafts, tie rod sleeves, and most importantly our heavy duty door bushings.
I don't even have a GMT400 anymore (but I still love them and may have more some day) but still welcome anyone willing to produce quality, needed items for these trucks. Thank you

Richard

Lilgringo82

Reaction score
Hello All! I am new to the forum and well this is my first post lol. With that said I have a 1996 K1500 4x4 5.7 and am looking purchase the lower steering shaft but i am not sure on the choices. on the website drop box it has options (with intermediate shaft) what is that? im assuming this something to order if you have the dorman intermediate shaft. again not sure what that looks like because I have never removed/replaced the steering shaft before Sorry if this a dumb question I just want to make sure I get the order right. thanks in advance!

Cunningham Machine

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All! I am new to the forum and well this is my first post lol. With that said I have a 1996 K1500 4x4 5.7 and am looking purchase the lower steering shaft but i am not sure on the choices. on the website drop box it has options (with intermediate shaft) what is that? im assuming this something to order if you have the dorman intermediate shaft. again not sure what that looks like because I have never removed/replaced the steering shaft before Sorry if this a dumb question I just want to make sure I get the order right. thanks in advance!
Sorry for some reason I don't get these notifications any more! The lower is all most of our customers order. The intermediate is the "male" piece that slides in. Most just reuse the factory one. I really don't have a good way of knowing if its a dorman replacement (i have never saw one) other than the intermediate wont fit inside our lower unit.

Lilgringo82

Reaction score
Sorry for some reason I don't get these notifications any more! The lower is all most of our customers order. The intermediate is the "male" piece that slides in. Most just reuse the factory one. I really don't have a good way of knowing if its a dorman replacement (i have never saw one) other than the intermediate wont fit inside our lower unit.
I forgot to mention I have a 3in body lift along with i believe to be a 4in suspension lift. does that make any difference?