Wanting to lower a 2wd c1500 and looking for suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great looking truck!! I would venture to say that those wheels are the Vision 5 on 5.

I would agree with 95burban, I'm 8 months into research for dropping mine countless car shows and truck shows this summer, you don't want to open up the piggy bank and your going with a ground effects kit... 2/4 drop and get-er done!

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who makes those wheels please. I would consider a set for my truck
Speedway for all, trim rings and center caps. The center caps can get pricey at around $20 each for hard plastic. Once in a while one will go missing. Not sure if they're getting pulled off from time to time or if one goes sailing off..

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you want to add the ground effects I would buy a basic 2/4 drop and call it a day.
With a 2/4 drop does that change the geometry of suspension or will it be plug and play with remaining stock components and will I need to change out the current shocks?
Would that be a 2 inch coil drop or spindle drop?

I understand what you're saying with the skirts as they also cover up about 2 inches of wheel well all around.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speedway for all, trim rings and center caps. The center caps can get pricey at around $20 each for hard plastic. Once in a while one will go missing. Not sure if they're getting pulled off from time to time or if one goes sailing off..
Had the same problem with mine. Found metal ones that have the clips inside that grab the wheel

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2/4 drop on my '89 Cheyenne, using 2"' drop spindles and 4" drop rear leafs. The spindles don't affect the front end alignment geometry and can use the stock front shocks. For the rear, I used the stock shocks with shock extender brackets. I have no driveline vibration at any speed. I did have to go to a 6"' wheel to avoid LCA interference though. Currently I'm using stock steel wheels, but would like a set of rally's such as yours, but of a 17" variety

Attachments

• DSCN0765.JPG
    DSCN0765.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 24

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the current Belltech shackles I have that were installed by previous owner.

I assume this is a 4" drop shackle cause the rear eye of the leaf is close to touching the bottom of the bed. About an 1" or just under an inch from the bed.

If this is a 4" drop shackle then I'm guessing the front coil would have to of been change too to have its current level stance.

Can anyone tell me if my truck looks like it has a 2/4. Seems like I have a lot of wheel well space. My tires are 275/60R15s.

Attachments

• 20231223_145248.jpg
    20231223_145248.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 17

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the current Belltech shackles I have that were installed by previous owner.

I assume this is a 4" drop shackle cause the rear eye of the leaf is close to touching the bottom of the bed. About an 1" or just under an inch from the bed.

If this is a 4" drop shackle then I'm guessing the front coil would have to of been change too to have its current level stance.

Can anyone tell me if my truck looks like it has a 2/4. Seems like I have a lot of wheel well space. My tires are 275/60R15s.
That looks to be a 2” drop shackle. A 4” difference at the pivot point(shackle to leaf bolt), would make a 2” height difference at the axle because it is in the middle of the two pivot points of the leaf spring.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the front spring hanger look like?

Instead of 2in coils or spindles and going to be the odd man that suggest 2in drop control arms from djm.