Vortec headers with RCX 4/6" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been looking for a good, long lasting set of headers for my 96 k1500 with the vortec 305 and an RCX lift set at 4". I fabricated a 2.5" y pipe to a magnaflow muffler, single out 2.5" to dual tips out the passenger side. I am satisfied with the catback I fabricated but am constantly battling exhaust leaks and poor fitment between my DIY y pipe and stock manifolds. Instead of re-fabricating a Y pipe or taking it to the shop I am wanting to get a set of longtube headers that will match up to a pre-fabricated Y pipe so I can do away with donut gaskets and get a good seal/not have to do any more exhaust work!

I would prefer to go with longtubes but am questioning whether there are any that will fit without a struggle given the lift's diff drop and stabilizer bars? Anyone have RCX and longtubes?

Otherwise I had been eyeing the JBA shorties and y pipe combo for simplicity and having someone more qualified than I cut and weld the small portion needed to get around the drive shaft.

I appreciate any insight or feedback!

LykkeJones

Reaction score
I've been looking for a good, long lasting set of headers for my 96 k1500 with the vortec 305 and an RCX lift set at 4". I fabricated a 2.5" y pipe to a magnaflow muffler, single out 2.5" to dual tips out the passenger side. I am satisfied with the catback I fabricated but am constantly battling exhaust leaks and poor fitment between my DIY y pipe and stock manifolds. Instead of re-fabricating a Y pipe or taking it to the shop I am wanting to get a set of longtube headers that will match up to a pre-fabricated Y pipe so I can do away with donut gaskets and get a good seal/not have to do any more exhaust work!

I would prefer to go with longtubes but am questioning whether there are any that will fit without a struggle given the lift's diff drop and stabilizer bars? Anyone have RCX and longtubes?

Otherwise I had been eyeing the JBA shorties and y pipe combo for simplicity and having someone more qualified than I cut and weld the small portion needed to get around the drive shaft.

I appreciate any insight or feedback!
I am wondering this exact same thing! Did you happen to go with longtubes? How did they fit with the differential drop and the stabilizer bars?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I am unaware of any prefabricated y pipes for our trucks that accompany longtube headers.