Vented vs. Non-Vented doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, so there are vents on our trucks, there just in a different place. That makes sense. As mentioned, the pressure of closing the door, has to be released somehow.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it seems like all the '95+ GMT400s had vents in the door panels. Not sure about '88-'94...
My 88 does too, here's the vent in the door panel. It has a rubber flap behind it to allow positive pressure out but seal it off when negative so you won't get so much dust/dirt inside. There's louvers in the bottom of the door itself. :waytogo:
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So the trucks don't have these vents in the pillars, just the SUVs?

If so then it seems like the conclusion is that trucks should have the vented door vent covers, and the SUVs should have the blank ones. Looks like I'm good.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So the trucks don't have these vents in the pillars, just the SUVs?

If so then it seems like the conclusion is that trucks should have the vented door vent covers, and the SUVs should have the blank ones. Looks like I'm good.
Correct. A pillars are behind the windshield, B behind front doors, C behind rear doors, and D is the gate or barn door support.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would the water drain holes in be bottom of all the doors not vent pressure as well? Assuming the door panels themselves are vented as seen above