Underhood Fuse-Relay Center - How to disassemble?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was able to easily remove the upper portion of the box from the mount, but how do you remove the bottom piece in this photo from the box? I realize there are some plastic clips. Do you pull out the gray/white plastic bits at bottom-right and left? Are there other tabs where you have to pry them loose? I don't want to break the thing of course.

You must be registered for see images attach

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Want to rewire a relay. I just can't see where to pry to get the bottom cover off. I saw the thread and understand how to remove the pins.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The bottom cover comes off - look around the edges of the top side, you'll see small slots - stick a long skinny screwdriver or something down in the slots and pry toward the middle of the box ... iirc there are four of these slots, you can kind of see one below the left side of the red 50A fuse and two more along the right edge in your pic. And pull on the bottom cover while prying. It'll come off eventually, then the TPAs will need to be removed (the gray thing sticking out of the bottom of that pic), then you can pull the pins. The relay terminals are tang-less MetriPack 280 if you decide to buy some new terminals off Mouser or something.

Last edited: