UAP's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fair enough I do agree but I am trying to keep as un-political as I can I have my opinion of the state of the government at this time and I do not mind have a civilized conversation about it but this is not the place for that (on a light hearted note am I going to need to get a tin-foil hat hahahaha)
It's not limited to either political party in this country, and anyone who thinks otherwise is missing the point.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid,living in Islamorada in the early 70's I saw something weird one evening.
The sun had dropped below the horizon about a half hour earlier and there was a big ball of light in the sky at about the two a clock position. Looked like a perfect round ball of fire. Figured it was big brother playing with a new toy. never seen anything like it since.
Reckon that could be considered as some kind of UAP.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One evening when I was a kid my brothers and I watched this weird formation of lights. Lights would stay in formation and instantly be on the other side of horizon still in same formation. We watched them for awhile doing this.
Can’t say for sure it was UAP’s. But no one can say it wasn’t either.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not limited to either political party in this country, and anyone who thinks otherwise is missing the point.

There's only 1 party and we ain't in it.

The best thought I heard on this topic this week was, "What if UFOs are just billionaires from another planet?"

Proof Capitalism is universal?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid,living in Islamorada in the early 70's I saw something weird one evening.
The sun had dropped below the horizon about a half hour earlier and there was a big ball of light in the sky at about the two a clock position. Looked like a perfect round ball of fire. Figured it was big brother playing with a new toy. never seen anything like it since.
Reckon that could be considered as some kind of UAP.

Kind of sounds like a sun dog.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to look at it through a historical, economic, and games theory viewpoint, I'll oblige.

Considering that:
1) The UAPs are actually exo-Earth visitors
2) They've been visiting since the 1950s
3) Our government knows and is keeping quiet

That's extremely worrying. Look at history. A well-funded explorer visits a new land, explores, and takes back some interesting stuff to show off. Within a few years more well-funded explorers visit. Not long after that, someone sees a profit to be made if they can get colonists to go. They economize a process to get a bunch of people to move to the new land and settle, then begin commerce.

The natives are concerned, but really like the shiny new baubles the settlers trade with them, so some abide. Others see the threat the settlers bring. They fight and try to eliminate the settlers. The settlers that survive are profitable, although most of the profits go to the profiteers who maintain the lifeline to the homeland. The profiteers see a threat to their profit in the natives who fight back, so they bring in military force for "security".

The natives get f***** from then on out. Your only hope is that the space-faring society that is "visiting" has evolved to understand the destructive nature of imperialism, i.e. Star Trek's "Prime Directive". Don't count on it. An unregulated capitalistic space-faring race will strive to dominate anyone they come in contact with.

The fact that the government is keeping silent is likely a good sign. They're gaming this out and trying to ensure our survival. Naivete would be exemplified by excited, cheering announcements. There is also a chance that leaders have made deals for themselves, but they know history as well and they know that the leaders who caved always got f***** as well.

The other thing people don't consider is relativity. Time in space travel is not a constant. Interstellar is the only sci-fi I've ever seen that tackles this issue realistically. Even if the visitors have faster-than-light or warp travel, the spaces they are moving to do not have equal movement in time.

We're on the outskirts of the galaxy, and we're a bit out of the galactic gravity well. Our time passes more slowly than time passes nearer the center. This is good for us, because it gives us more time to prepare. If the visitors are from closer to the center of the galaxy, they could well be worried that we are advancing faster than them, and although we're behind, we could pass them technologically in a short amount of time. The corollary to this is that if they're already more advanced than us, they probably come from further out of the gravity well of the universe and we're not likely to advance as quickly.

This also affects the visitors in another way. If they come from further out in the galaxy, visiting our planet for a couple hours could mean that by the time they return home everyone else has aged significantly. They're now younger than their peers. If they come from closer in the galaxy, visiting our planet for a couple years could mean that they return home and little time has passed, meaning that they are now older than their peers. It takes time to get their intel back from here, and how much time does that take? How quickly can they respond? Etc, etc.

I can guarantee you the government has paid some very brilliant people to game all this out and formulate a plan. The question is whether or not that plan is already in action.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The closer you are to the gravity well, the slower time runs (although you don't notice it). But then the faster you travel, the more time slows down (again you don't notice it) and someone in one of the spiral arms has more radial velocity then someone in the center. I honestly don't know how to calculate who would win the time war, but I think it would only be a factor at the extremes.

I do know that galactic centers are not conducive to life as we know it. I would think anything that evolved there would see life on the edges as too cold and energy sparse to be valuable real estate.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I only have a loose grasp of how the physics work, but what I do know is that there are smart people who are paid to worry this stuff out.

I do know that galactic centers are not conducive to life as we know it. I would think anything that evolved there would see life on the edges as too cold and energy sparse to be valuable real estate.
I do wonder what the time difference is between the extremes of the livable band of the galaxy.

Did you know that relativity is "only a theory", but the GPS satellites in orbit had to have it calculated into their clocks so they would function properly? Several years ago one of the government's atomic clocks was moved from the ground floor to the second floor and had to be recalibrated to account for the gravity difference. Crazy stuff.