10-bolt rear axle rebuilt, speedometer not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zayne8

Reaction score
Greetings all, I just had the GM 10-bolt rebuilt in my '95 and upon driving it back home the speedometer is now not working. I checked the speed sensor on the 4L60e tail housing. It's dirty but doesn't look to have been unplugged. The trans felt like it was shifting but I will need to drive it again. I texted the shop mechanic about it but haven't gotten a response yet.

Any ideas?

glock20

Reaction score
Greetings all, I just had the GM 10-bolt rebuilt in my '95 and upon driving it back home the speedometer is now not working. I checked the speed sensor on the 4L60e tail housing. It's dirty but doesn't look to have been unplugged. The trans felt like it was shifting but I will need to drive it again. I texted the shop mechanic about it but haven't gotten a response yet.

Any ideas?
you said it yourself - speed sensor is in the trans, so that issue completely unrelated. perhaps why he decided not to respond

Zayne8

Reaction score
The speedometer started working again after driving it a second time. The odometer was still working when the Speedo wasn't. Must be gauge cluster related. Looks like I will hunt down a replacement in case there are further issues.

Thanks for the replies