Transmission acting weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
That was the plan at first, but I won’t be able to afford the repairs. Would it be possible to find the problem with a code reader?
highly doubtful. paramters of the tbi ecm is so antiquated and unintelligent when it comes to those sorts of diagnostics that a code reader isnt gonna do much for you. you actually have to understand electrical components and how to diagnose them. sounds like you have an abundance of electrical issues though.

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
highly doubtful. paramters of the tbi ecm is so antiquated and unintelligent when it comes to those sorts of diagnostics that a code reader isnt gonna do much for you. you actually have to understand electrical components and how to diagnose them. sounds like you have an abundance of electrical issues though.
Just when I thought I was free from dealing with electrical problems and now I’m back to square one. Unfortunately I’m gonna have to put this project to the side again for the time being. Gotta increase my budget.

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fixed the issue! I think. Temporarily? So I searched on YouTube to see if maybe someone else had the same issue. Apparently the ignition switch gets faulty at times which makes the speedometer go dead and stops the transmission from shifting? Weird but I shoulder shrugged it. All I had to do was jab the little black box on the ignition with a screwdriver a few times and that brought back the gauges to life. Rpm’s climb up normally. Took the farm truck for a drive and the truck can shift now! It shifts a little aggressively but we’ll see what happens. For now I’m going to see if I can find someone to help me take apart the switch and clean it or maybe get it replaced.