Trailer brake controller and outside temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is a 1995 c1500.
Has the orangw and blue wires along the frame, four flat on the taillight harness. Factory tow package near as I can see.

I have a trailer brake controller to install, as well as the outside temp sensor for the overhead console i added.

I figure gm must have set the harness up from the factory to make this simple. Like having a lead in the convenience ceter under the dash, or a pigtail in the engine bay or something. Somehow to not have to drill holes through the firewall.

Does anyone have any good links or write ups, or pictures? Trying to save myself hours with a multimeter....

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is a 1995 c1500.
Has the orangw and blue wires along the frame, four flat on the taillight harness. Factory tow package near as I can see.

I have a trailer brake controller to install, as well as the outside temp sensor for the overhead console i added.

I figure gm must have set the harness up from the factory to make this simple. Like having a lead in the convenience ceter under the dash, or a pigtail in the engine bay or something. Somehow to not have to drill holes through the firewall.

Does anyone have any good links or write ups, or pictures? Trying to save myself hours with a multimeter....
Wiring harnesses can come down to being vin number specific with different part numbers on different harnesses based on model/trim levels so pigtails for things the truck didn't come equipped with may not be there. Not sure if the 95 would have the trailer brake pigtail.

Last edited:

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh. Thats wild. Mopar land, they had one harness and then sub harnesses for options! Guess the general was different.

Ill plan to drill a hole.....

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh. Thats wild. Mopar land, they had one harness and then sub harnesses for options! Guess the general was different.

Ill plan to drill a hole.....

that's what i had to do also, PIA.

Didn't know that about mopar, thought they were the leader in slighty different incarnations with an option package.
But my mopar expeiriece is from graveyard cars, haha

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
the 2 wires are hidden under the brake booster, taped up and hidden inside the plastic loom. I finally found mine on the burb when I had the transmission out and caught a flash of something orange above....

along the same lines, check to see if you have a transmission cooler and if it has ever been plumbed. it also does not come hooked up from the factory.

Al