Towing Long Distance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Surge brakes are nice for small trailers; but pulling something with a combined weight close to or over the curb weight of the truck is a recipe for disaster.
Not true. Not one bit. Look at any boat trailer out there. My trailer is sitting at 13,000 or more. Combined weight is over 22,000 pounds.
I don't currently have the $5,000 to do a electric over hydro, so the surge breaks it is. And we tow all over the area here in Oregon.

Attachments

• 11-Aug-2023 (4).JPG
    11-Aug-2023 (4).JPG
    515.2 KB · Views: 16

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not true. Not one bit. Look at any boat trailer out there. My trailer is sitting at 13,000 or more. Combined weight is over 22,000 pounds.
I don't currently have the $5,000 to do a electric over hydro, so the surge breaks it is. And we tow all over the area here in Oregon.
That's comforting to see and hear good experiences with surge brakes; I've just never been thrilled pulling rental trailers because of surge brakes.
But it's likely because every experience involving these particular trailers has been under less than ideal conditions equipment wise.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95Burban, doesnt work that way, if he (god forbid)gets into an accident with that Ford on the back and hes told UHaul hes towing a civic hes on the hook for the replacement price of the trailer and any other related damages
From a legal standpoint yes you’re correct. But if you’re in a bind then sometimes you have to skate the system. That’s why I also suggested renting a real car trailer.

Even better option would be to buy one, best investment I’ve even made.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From a legal standpoint yes you’re correct. But if you’re in a bind then sometimes you have to skate the system. That’s why I also suggested renting a real car trailer.

Even better option would be to buy one, best investment I’ve even mad
Best investment my friends never had to make was me buying a trailer.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1702482131776.jpg
    FB_IMG_1702482131776.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Snapchat-58282639.jpg
    Snapchat-58282639.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 12
  • PLL9ZhE.jpeg
    PLL9ZhE.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 12

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We got put into a position when my (leadfooted) son and his bearded wonder child buddy of his shattered the bell housing on the 94 Sierra CCLB Dually In Wisconsin (live in Canada). I had to rent a heavy trailer to bring him back, 300 for 3days plus 500 dmg deposit

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought it brand new in 2002, it’s on its second floor and re paint and NO fender dents. It sits on 17in torque thrust wheels, all smoked led and underglow lights. I’m a d!ck and have never have let anyone borrow it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought it brand new in 2002, it’s on its second floor and re paint and NO fender dents. It sits on 17in torque thrust wheels, all smoked led and underglow lights. I’m a d!ck and have never have let anyone borrow it.

Bought mine brand new in 2019; it's actually coming up on 4 years I've owned it. I'm hoping to redo a bunch of stuff on it, thought about getting rid of it for a 14K dovetail but started looking at prices and wait times

So this one will be getting some new lights, fresh paint, and a few other things that'll make it a much nicer trailer to use.