Top Kick, Kodiak, 3500HD Exterior Door Handle Info, Cheap Handles, and Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
They won't work that way. The lock pawl hits the door itself....

This and after installing the lock cylinder I don't see any way to remove it... I'll deal with not being able to lock it from outside

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to take the handle apart to remove it. There are 4 screws under the rubber/foam gasket around the edge

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
They won't work that way. The lock pawl hits the door itself....

Not if you swap the pawl with the cylinder. He'd be going from swapped pawls to swapped cylinders, both of which should work. I chose to swap pawls since I was doing one side at a time but I can swap it all out later to see if that can cause a problem. I don't see why it would though, and mine works fine with the swapped pawls.

The HD handles need to be taken apart to remove the cylinder, I guess I should add that to the original post.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Barn door experimentation. NOT bolt in. Used one of the old rods from the front doors to make a custom handle/latch rod. The way the lock is setup means I'll have to make my own rod to go from the lock actuator to the latch (none of the factory rods are long enough), and even that is skipping the key lock altogether.

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Got it all working with the lock cylinder bypassed. Handle from a bucket that was in my yard seems to be pretty much the exact same metal as the factory rods, so that's what I used to make the last rod. Lock is controlled by the power locks and remote, same as the back doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTV4JxL9MjY

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with them. Apparently their shipping USED to be a lot more expensive (and slower) than it is now. Only recent complaints I've seen is that you can't call them and one guy didn't like the design on a free shirt they gave another guy.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Their shipping prices, last I looked (and it's been a while) were freaking outrageous. Total scam using lower part pricing to lure you in, then screw you to the floor on the shipping. That kind of tactic always has me looking elsewhere. If they've changed, good for them, but I'll keep buying from people that didn't pull that B.S. in the first place. :gr_grin:

Nice work on the handles by the way. All 5 = a trip!

Richard