Time for a cam swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm going to approach this cam. Just a summit 1103 cam. Nothing special. Judging by the cam profile. It's like a lift rule cam but I hear it's decent for towing.

Now I'm not using roller cam because I've never heard of an rv roller cam nor could I find one.. I'm not worried about the cam going flat since it's not an aggressive profile.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
follow break in procedures, i went with the edelbrock TBI performer cam and intake, since it didn't need a "chip" and it was rated RV for towing.

you choice seems a little more aggressive, are you planing to do any "tuning"?

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry 1103 cam. It's a very mild rv cam basically like the l82 cam.if the cam profile was more aggressive I'd be more touchy.

Now as far as tunning I'm only running an edelbrock 1406 I need to jet up on the secondary side not getting enough fuel back there I think

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1101/1102 would actually be their towing cams, 1102 was the standard RV cam all the old school rebuilders used but if it was me I would get a newer tech cam if you do not have a roller ready block.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1101/1102 would actually be their towing cams, 1102 was the standard RV cam all the old school rebuilders used but if it was me I would get a newer tech cam if you do not have a roller ready.
I'm good on that roller cam business they can keep it.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I meant was newer tech flat tappet like the Lunati Voodoo cam series.