Tierods which ones to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
There may be, but I am not sure anymore. I have been out of the parts side of things for many a years. I was a tech and now I work in Performance/Accessory engineering for GM

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There may be, but I am not sure anymore. I have been out of the parts side of things for many a years. I was a tech and now I work in Performance/Accessory engineering for GM
That's, cool. I'm always hanging around the car shows with the Corvette guys. Hell I'm old just like them Ha Ha. They all love my 97 OBS. I kind of want a 78 pace car Vette, but I'm not ready to buy yet.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
That's, cool. I'm always hanging around the car shows with the Corvette guys. Hell I'm old just like them Ha Ha. They all love my 97 OBS. I kind of want a 78 pace car Vette, but I'm not ready to buy yet.
Yeah I love my job I get into work at 630a work til 430p with the occasional 8pm day depending on what is needed. I wish I was able to bring some of the parts home that I play with every day, but I haven't been in office now for 1.5yrs due to the rona.

On the topic at hand however. I am going with MEVOTECH from Rock Auto for all my steering parts and MOOG for the control arms and then QA1 Coilovers in the front and their matching rear shocks with 4" BellTech rear leafs, Cal-Tracs etc... still debating on sway bars though. Since I want to street Drive it still not just Race it.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Isn't there like a Moog premium or something like that. Maybe that's why the regular Moog isn't as good as it used to be, IDK. I wouldn't buy Duralast anything until they came out with the gold line. Now I guess they will change that to platinum or something, who knows.

There is a standard replacement and a “problem solver” which is the updated components.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah I love my job I get into work at 630a work til 430p with the occasional 8pm day depending on what is needed. I wish I was able to bring some of the parts home that I play with every day, but I haven't been in office now for 1.5yrs due to the rona.

On the topic at hand however. I am going with MEVOTECH from Rock Auto for all my steering parts and MOOG for the control arms and then QA1 Coilovers in the front and their matching rear shocks with 4" BellTech rear leafs, Cal-Tracs etc... still debating on sway bars though. Since I want to street Drive it still not just Race it.
Sway bars definitely will help with handling. I was amazed by how much of a difference the rear one makes on my 99 burbs. All my square body trucks needed them. If you find a burb in the yards with the tow package it should have the parts you need for the swap. @sewlow has a great thread on adding a rear bar to a pickup, that he posted last year. I posted several pictures back about a year ago of the bar and brackets on my burb, on that thread or one of the other sway bar threads.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've heard the same comments on Moog. I know for U Joints, somebody referred me to Spicer vs the Moog. Dana/Spicer does make tie rod ends but not sure where you can buy them. Certainly not from AutoZone, OReilly, Advance, or Napa.

I bought all new front end parts around 07 from NAPA. I was told all the NAPA upper tier parts were Dana.... I don't know if they were really Dana or not, but the parts (especially the outer tie-rods) were complete garbage. I had multiples fall apart on me...... I don't mean they wore out, I mean the literally fell apart, ball out of socket. Once at the gas station, and once pulling into my driveway. I could not get them to hold grease. The upper ball joints wouldn't not hold their grease either. The only parts left, from that purchase are the idler and pivot..... those have done well. Do due to that expereince I'd be supper leery of tie-rods from them... seems odd for a company with DANA's reputation to make such garbage, so maybe the parts being made by them was just a NAPA sales pitch, or maybe I was given the lower tier parts?

The first time I had a tie-rod go bad, I got another under warranty, the second time I got my money back and started installing Moog, which has given me no problems, at all.

Last edited: