Tierods which ones to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

I'm not sure if they still do, since that've been purchased by Advance Auto, but Carquest used to put who made the part right on their box. It would be Carquest on the front and somplace on the back you would see who actually made it. I still have a Carquest u-joint sitting on my parts shelf that was made by Neapco. I've probably had that for 15 years, Though.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess if we are pointing out parent companies, ProForged is owned by Holley..... Not a bad backer when it comes to manufacturing quality parts!!

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Unless you want to talk to them! an hour hold time for 7 YEARS!

The Holley reps duck when they see me coming.:mad:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, I get there tech support is under staffed, but if you need support for tie rod ends......

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have some of their older stuff, and it's pretty solid, but it seems that as soon as Holley bought them, they turned the quality knob down to drive everyone to Holley's ignition stuff. I did notice that my 6A and 6AL ignitions were twice the size as the Crane ignition stuff, and they wanted me to spend $20 on five resistors for rev limiting when the Crane included a rheostat on their base model.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975