The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I should add this, too. I drove this truck pretty hard. According to my G-Tech Pro, I attained .97 G's. How accurate that is is debatable. I figure more like .93. Because the suspension is working pretty good when doing this, & because of the condition of some of the roads around here, I was hitting the box crossmember with the rear-end pumpkin. So much so, that I had actually bent the box floor. This was our solution. As soon as we made the first cut, the floor went 'boing' & it was back to the original shape.

You must be registered for see images attach

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the page one day.. and now I am trying to find it again and cant.. haha Can someone help me find the thread or site that has the how to on the 6" rear flip kit.. I thought it was sport truck that did the write up. but I cannot find it!!... never mind.. just fouind it.. haha

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I should add this, too. I drove this truck pretty hard. According to my G-Tech Pro, I attained .97 G's. How accurate that is is debatable. I figure more like .93. Because the suspension is working pretty good when doing this, & because of the condition of some of the roads around here, I was hitting the box crossmember with the rear-end pumpkin. So much so, that I had actually bent the box floor. This was our solution. As soon as we made the first cut, the floor went 'boing' & it was back to the original shape.

You must be registered for see images attach
That look's good, I also alway's notch the bed brace for the rear end.

desertcarnage

Reaction score
Can I just throw a set of shackles on the back of my reg cab long bed to drop it a little? The truck is kind of a beater and I don't wanna sink any real money into it but I hate the rake that it has stock.

desertcarnage

Reaction score
Word it's alway's good to check you pinion angle anytime a change is made in the suspension!

Yeah I figured I'd have to take a look at it. I've never lowered anything, I've always been an off road guy. If I have to shim it that's no big deal. Like I said I just don't wanna spend a lot as I've got other projects and the truck is a DD beater anyway.

fishstick

Reaction score
Hi, just found this site and I've enjoyed reading it, so much that it's inspired me to fix my truck back up....I bought it new in the fall of 1990 (91 model) and proceded to lower it 2-4 with spring shack hanger, shaved tail gate, molded in zr1 roll pan, sport mirrors and boyd wheels. Fast forward 16 years and i've got some old ugly centerlines, paint is non existent, backed over my basket ball goal with the roll pan and tailgate....and rides like absolute crap and i'm sick of it. Paint and body will be done but i'm really considering going with a 4-6 drop not only for looks but the hanger-shackle combo i can no longer stand. I don't remember if the ride was always as bad as it is now and i'm just 40 now and didnt mind it when i was 20 or the leaf spring is just tired and the ride has suffered...so my question is how would a drop leaf with the hanger-shackle combo ride...and keep in mind i'm 40 and don't need the firm sport truck ride any more and whether i should use spindles up front or get the upper and lower control arms...I know what i'm getting with spindles, I guess I just really like the idea of brand new upper and lower control arms and wonder what other than the lca being closer to the ground are the negatives of that set up?