The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A 6" drop (normally a flip kit) doesnt change the pinion angle because all you are doing is putting the axle on the opposite side of the spring-no geometry changes. When you do a 4" drop (normally a shackle and hanger) you get about an inch in the hanger and about 3" in the shackle. This normally drops the nose of the pumpkin.

Alright. I see how this works. Thanks!

Yeah that's been my experience also, so I have installed the pinion shims with the thick part toward the rear of the truck, also I have not had to change the center pin it's still long enough.

So, if the shackle/hanger drops the nose of the pinion, wouldn't putting the wedges in like you say, drop the nose even more?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it depend's, I was talking about using them when the axle is under the leaf springs like a shackle and hanger drop, and like that the thicker part of the wedge toward the rear push's the pinion up a little, and when the axle is flipped with a flip kit to the top of the leaf spring's the pinion shim's installed with the thicker part toward the rear would indeed push the pinion down.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the sight and I have a 97 GMC SLE single cab shortbed. I'm wanting to put a lowerong kit on my truck. What size of kit would look good on it with the stock 15s on it until I upgrade to some 18s or 20s? I'm leaning towards some torque thrusts, but I haven't decided yet.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the sight and I have a 97 GMC SLE single cab shortbed. I'm wanting to put a lowerong kit on my truck. What size of kit would look good on it with the stock 15s on it until I upgrade to some 18s or 20s? I'm leaning towards some torque thrusts, but I haven't decided yet.

3/6 with 15" torque thrusts...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks really good man. I might even keep running the wheels on it now. They are the nicer stock wheels gm made. I'll upload some pics of my truck.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know you can get air shocks for the tear but can you get air SHOCKS for the front.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need some spindle help for my '95 scsb

im looking to buy some drop spindles. i found some that say 92-98 silverado/ sierra, 88-91 ex cab only and found some 88-91 std cab only

obviously mine falls into the 92-98 but is there more than that i need to look into when buying or rotor sizes too?