The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will probably have the bed off when I do it cause I need to straighten it anyway, might throw a fuel pump and filter on there while I have the bed off doing the shackles. Gotta start gathering parts for a weekend project :D

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, my stupid question I already know the answer to-I think. But I would like to get a consensus (after all, this isnt Global Warming) on this. I just picked up a 96 C1500 and discovered that it has spindles and a shackle/hanger kit on it. I'd like to get a couple more inches in the rear (I can handle the front just fine) but I'm not sure how to go about it with it already having the hanger.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I read If you do Shackles + hangers you are about bottomed out without a C notch, so if you want lower than that bite the bullet and get a full flip kit + c notch and then you have the option to add a shackle for 7" or 8" total. This is pure research so I could be wrong. I have no experience yet...

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
From what I read If you do Shackles + hangers you are about bottomed out without a C notch, so if you want lower than that bite the bullet and get a full flip kit + c notch and then you have the option to add a shackle for 7" or 8" total. This is pure research so I could be wrong. I have no experience yet...

sounds about right :) ........ and don't forget shock extenders!

if you want a 6 inch drop in the rear (at most), you'll have to put stock shackles back on.. possibly hangers too.

Gumbbee

Reaction score
hello i have just bought a 1998 ext short box chevy truck and a buddy gave me a 5/7 bell tech lowering kit. i have never lowered a full side truck before and am i to run the stock front sway bar it does not fit when i tryed to set the truck on the ground so i removed it. but do you need to ran a sway bar i still have to finish the body before i can drive it. am just new to the lowering of trucks so maybe some one can help me out.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know why the swaybar wouldn't work. :think: I had my truck dropped 5/8 with the swaybar and it's bagged now, still with the swaybar. You can run without it, but it wouldn't be my preference.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I will need a c-notch, I was just trying to get another 3 inches or so without have to go find a stock front hanger. Maybe if I do a flip, and a lifting shackle I can get about 7" total. I might be able to live with that.....

Gumbbee

Reaction score
thank to every one the seay bar does fit the probelm was taht it was not centered and was hitting on the frame.