The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you guys! Best way to trim em? And what tools? Thanks again!
I just used a grinder with a zip cut blade.
Id you're a glutton for punishment, I guess a hacksaw would do the trick as well! Lol
A sawzalll with a fine metal blade would do the trick as well. Just don't use a torch, keep the heat down as much as possible.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Turn your wheel to the stop.
Mark the LCA where the wheel touches.
Measure & trim the arm about 2"" in from there.
This allows for the changing clearances as the suspension cycles.
Do both sides of the arms.
I used an angle grinder.

Attachments

• LCAGrindage322_zps1b471b64.jpg
    LCAGrindage322_zps1b471b64.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 5

SlamTheMan

Reaction score
Stupid question, is it smart & will it actually achieve any lowering to remove the middle leaf spring to lower a 1996 ECSB? Truck already has 2” shackles and air shocks. I’m looking for maybe 4” to 4.5” in the rear total.

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, is it smart & will it actually achieve any lowering to remove the middle leaf spring to lower a 1996 ECSB? Truck already has 2” shackles and I’m looking for maybe 4” to 4.5” in the rear total.
Meh, you’ll get maybe a little more than the thickness of the leaf you remove and reduced load capacity.

If you’re willing to do the work it takes to remove leaves, I would put the factory shackles back on and just flip the rear.

If you enjoy hard work, torment, long days, headaches and hurt knees then put 2” drop hangers in the front of the leaves.

If you enjoy SOME hard work, lower the gas tank, remove the bed and install 2” drop hangers in the front of the leaves.

SlamTheMan

Reaction score
Meh, you’ll get maybe a little more than the thickness of the leaf you remove and reduced load capacity.

If you’re willing to do the work it takes to remove leaves, I would put the factory shackles back on and just flip the rear.

If you enjoy hard work, torment, long days, headaches and hurt knees then put 2” drop hangers in the front of the leaves.

If you enjoy SOME hard work, lower the gas tank, remove the bed and install 2” drop hangers in the front of the leaves.
Flip kit it is lol, thanks!