The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol....that's a club I don't wanna be part of!!!
I'll have to wait a while, mine is still up on ramps/blocks. I wanna get it on the road and get some kms/miles on her to see if the front settles like a few here told me it should.
It will settle a little as you drive, yes.
It was soooooooo close to getting out on the road but then it was close enough to winter I figured no sense in registering it. And then winter took it's sweet ass time getting here, and now it's here, so a few more months to wait.
But that's ok, waited almost 3 decades to drop it, what's a hundred days or so....lol.

I think it was @618 Syndicate who was trying to convince me to ditch the spacer as well.....he's a bad influence!!!!!
Yeah, that syndicate guy is the worst....

monsterwake

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I will take a look this weekend and make sure I am level when measuring.
One other thing. I need to get a picture but the shackles that I bought did not come with bolts so I used factory. The problem is the bolt head rides against the hanger that the shackle is mounted to. That causes a squeaky sound. I am sure that isn't normal. I will get a picture.
Here are some pictures of the shackle bolt rubbing the hanger that is mounted to the frame. Both sides are like this. I could swap it with a stock shackle but then the rear would be even lower.

Attachments

• shackle1.jpg
    shackle1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 11
  • shackle2.jpg
    shackle2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 11

Edeuce

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Eddie I’m new here. I have 98 CCLB dually. My question is can u run helper bags w under bed C notch ?? Looking to do like 6/8ish drop. Or do reg C notch w helpers and call it good ?? Want to bag it but it’s sooo much $$$ !! . I have a bagged 69 Caddy Sedan DeVille. Bagging it just lil more than static drop for these trucks !! Thanks

Attachments

• 428B8FD3-663C-4B05-9751-A964B7F1942D.jpeg
    428B8FD3-663C-4B05-9751-A964B7F1942D.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 9

monsterwake

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Eddie I’m new here. I have 98 CCLB dually. My question is can u run helper bags w under bed C notch ?? Looking to do like 6/8ish drop. Or do reg C notch w helpers and call it good ?? Want to bag it but it’s sooo much $$$ !! . I have a bagged 69 Caddy Sedan DeVille. Bagging it just lil more than static drop for these trucks !! Thanks
Look at airlift. I am going to get the 59106BT. The BT is for BellTech and the frame mount aligns with the BellTech CNotch bolt holes. I just want a little lift in the rear so I might not even add a compressor.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 89 has just air shocks in the rear with individual lines, they are the bottom license plate bolt holes, I do not need much air, just there for just incase at times.. Other pics are US 20in. mags with no air, It sat on the bump stops, other pics are way it sits today with Vision 5 spoke 18in. wheels, and air at 25 psi in rear. AIR NOT needed though. Drives AWESOME, handles like a go kart etc... To cruise and not ALL show only. Still need be careful in certain places with oil pan etc.., Rides beautiful !!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_171524998_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220520_171524998_HDR.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Low rider 1989 chevy silverado.jpg
    Low rider 1989 chevy silverado.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 10
  • P4060731.JPG
    P4060731.JPG
    464.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P4060741.JPG
    P4060741.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 10

monsterwake

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 89 has just air shocks in the rear with individual lines, they are the bottom license plate bolt holes, I do not need much air, just there for just incase at times.. Other pics are US 20in. mags with no air, It sat on the bump stops, other pics are way it sits today with Vision 5 spoke 18in. wheels, and air at 25 psi in rear. AIR NOT needed though. Drives AWESOME, handles like a go kart etc... To cruise and not ALL show only. Still need be careful in certain places with oil pan etc.., Rides beautiful !!!!
It all looks good. I am just looking for a way to elevate the rear about a half inch.