The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Eddie I’m new here. I have 98 CCLB dually. My question is can u run helper bags w under bed C notch ??
Yes.
Looking to do like 6/8ish drop. Or do reg C notch w helpers and call it good ?? Want to bag it but it’s sooo much $$$ !! . I have a bagged 69 Caddy Sedan DeVille. Bagging it just lil more than static drop for these trucks !! Thanks
Just bag it already.

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone and hello from North Dakota! So I recently picked up this 1990 c2500 with 105k, 5.7 auto and 4.10 gears out of a farmers tree row and got her running good now and looking to lower it.

I am torn between a 4/6 and a 5/7 lowering kit. Right now with a straight edge there is 6" clearance on the front tire straight in line with wheel well and 8" on the back. I am running 255/65R16 tires on 16x8 black steel wheels making the tires 29"x10". I also have a 1997 k1500 donor truck I might us rear leafs from to soften the ride a little since I will have it apart for axle flip anyways.

I am looking for driveability most of all and a nice look, I don't care about huge wheels and being slammed to the ground by any means, I'm building a 383 stroker for it with vortec heads and a decent cam right now as well. Going to black it out mostly and probably have a flat black or gun metal grey paint job eventually.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_20240209_155303626.jpg
    IMG_20240209_155303626.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240209_155315708_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240209_155315708_HDR.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 7

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone and hello from North Dakota! So I recently picked up this 1990 c2500 with 105k, 5.7 auto and 4.10 gears out of a farmers tree row and got her running good now and looking to lower it.

I am torn between a 4/6 and a 5/7 lowering kit. Right now with a straight edge there is 6" clearance on the front tire straight in line with wheel well and 8" on the back. I am running 255/65R16 tires on 16x8 black steel wheels making the tires 29"x10". I also have a 1997 k1500 donor truck I might us rear leafs from to soften the ride a little since I will have it apart for axle flip anyways.

I am looking for driveability most of all and a nice look, I don't care about huge wheels and being slammed to the ground by any means, I'm building a 383 stroker for it with vortec heads and a decent cam right now as well. Going to black it out mostly and probably have a flat black or gun metal grey paint job eventually.

Thank you for your time!
5/7. Control arms/springs or spindles/springs in the front, notch and flip kit out back. Helper bags if you're going to use it to do truck shìt. See where it sits after everything settles, use blocks or adjustable shackles and coil spacers to lift it back up a bit if it's too low for your tastes.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Thank you for your time!
If you're set on that tire/wheel combo, look carefully, as I don't believe they're going to have enough backspacing. Close that fender gap up with some drop and you may find your tires cratering your fenders and bedsides on hard bumps/dips.

Richard

Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't say I am dead set on them, but the price was certainly good. The 16x8 wheels have 4.5" of backspacing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210-115821.png
    Screenshot_20240210-115821.png
    620.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240210-120132.png
    Screenshot_20240210-120132.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 4

Mars209

Reaction score
hello, new here.
Just did a 5/7 drop on my 95 c1500. I put 20s on it. I still want to use my stock 15s though, but I know I need different LCAs. Some people told me to cut them. I don’t want to do that, I rather buy aftermarket ones. Can anyone link me to some? Or ones they recommend? I can’t find any. Thanks!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
hello, new here.
Just did a 5/7 drop on my 95 c1500. I put 20s on it. I still want to use my stock 15s though, but I know I need different LCAs. Some people told me to cut them. I don’t want to do that, I rather buy aftermarket ones. Can anyone link me to some? Or ones they recommend? I can’t find any. Thanks!
Most (if not all) of the aftermarket custom lowers are gonna be drop arms, and you're already dropped..

Trim your lowers. It sounds bad but it's 100% fine. It doesn't take much trimming. My old '92 ECLB went untold tens of thousands of miles on very badly trimmed lowers (previous owner torch cut them; they were awful looking) and I only replaced them (with boneyard OEM stuff) because I had the whole front end apart for a rebuild at 200K+ miles.

Richard

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hello, new here.
Like @someotherguy mentioned, don't know of any other arms that don't drop it down. I trimmed mine, still have a bit to go, someone posted the right place to do it on here a while back. The Belltech instructions I got had horrible pics.
I've been around and following these trucks for 30+ years, never heard of any failures due to trimmed arms. Hell.....mine were brand new out of the box when I cut them last year.
Don't be afraid.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Like @someotherguy mentioned, don't know of any other arms that don't drop it down. I trimmed mine, still have a bit to go, someone posted the right place to do it on here a while back. The Belltech instructions I got had horrible pics.
I've been around and following these trucks for 30+ years, never heard of any failures due to trimmed arms. Hell.....mine were brand new out of the box when I cut them last year.
Don't be afraid.
I think this is the pic that was posted (not mine) -

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard