The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
In my burb, all the overhead lights (that are buttons in-themselves) I can no longer function. They just push up with no resistance, like they are floating in place, and drop back down. So they only way they turn on is via override, or the door opening.

How can I go about fixing this, or sourcing new parts?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I see. So the middle knob just pops off. Also are the leds wired in parallel? Thanks.
Paul beat me to it. I gotta get my soldering skills improved before I start messing with mine.

In my burb, all the overhead lights (that are buttons in-themselves) I can no longer function. They just push up with no resistance, like they are floating in place, and drop back down. So they only way they turn on is via override, or the door opening.

How can I go about fixing this, or sourcing new parts?
What lights are you referring to specifically?

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Paul beat me to it. I gotta get my soldering skills improved before I start messing with mine.

What lights are you referring to specifically?

The round overhead map lights, both in the front portion of the cabin, and above the middle row.

I just realized I am stupid, and the buttons aren't the lights themselves... not sure where I got that. The buttons tho are my issue, not the lights.

Like these:
You must be registered for see images attach

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yeah I haven't been in those bubble domes too much. I'll make a trip to the yards next week and see what I can't find. I have to check out a rear cargo light as well so.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The round overhead map lights, both in the front portion of the cabin, and above the middle row.

I just realized I am stupid, and the buttons aren't the lights themselves... not sure where I got that. The buttons tho are my issue, not the lights.

Like these:
You must be registered for see images attach

im having a problem with one of those buttons on my truck as well. The part where the wiring is theres a little white box on top of button. So when I would press button that white box im guessing is brittle already opens up into two parts. It needs to stay together so light can turn on. Im just going to super glue that little box all around and see if it holds it together. idk if that's your problem but that's what I noticed on my button. Hope it helps

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you go about taking the bulbs out of these lights? Im wanting to replace them with led bulbs.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Push up on the lens and turn, the circular housing should drop right out. Be aware that there's not a lot of clearance in those. Pretty much anything except a single outward facing LED is going to require filing some plastic out of the housings.