The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does every year model 88-98 have foldable arm rests? My 93's don't budge. Is there a mod for this?

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Does every year model 88-98 have foldable arm rests? My 93's don't budge. Is there a mod for this?

I am not sure when it was introduced. I know the 96 Tahoe with leather seats have the foldable armrests. That is what I installed in my 89 earlier this week. Also the buckets even though they came from a 4 door vehicle still fold forward to get in to the back of my ECSB rear seating area which is a must since I don't have rear doors.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not sure when it was introduced. I know the 96 Tahoe with leather seats have the foldable armrests. That is what I installed in my 89 earlier this week. Also the buckets even though they came from a 4 door vehicle still fold forward to get in to the back of my ECSB rear seating area which is a must since I don't have rear doors.

My interior is blue and if I could find some I would pay good money for 95+ blue leather bucket seats and ext cab backseat

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the bucket seats. I've seen 92s and 91s at the yard that have them, but they could just be marked wrong.

I know that the armrests on 1994 buckets folded--to remove them, fold them up and press in on the pivot point to release the spring. I don't see why the earlier ones would not function the same way, but agree that it's odd if both armrests are stuck.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know that the armrests on 1994 buckets folded--to remove them, fold them up and press in on the pivot point to release the spring. I don't see why the earlier ones would not function the same way, but agree that it's odd if both armrests are stuck.

It would be nice, my dad swears up and down they used to fold when he had it. I'll try a few firm pulls, breaking it would suck.....

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Anyone know what color of SEM Color Coat matches the 96+ tan interior best? I know Saddle Tan matches the 95 tan very well. I tried Castella, which ended up looking close with poor lighting, but is too pink otherwise. Thinking medium prairie tan might be it.

Sent from my Nintendo 64