The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dexshaw

Reaction score
Hi guys. I don't know if my 96 two door tahoe driver seat is like the passenger seat with the easy access to the back seat. It is a 60 40 split. Passenger seat lever on back rest flips back forward and slides ahead driver seat only reclines ? Thanx

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I believe that they were designed like that. A safety feature to only allow rear seat passengers to get out on the curb side. Kinda like the idea behind the early 60's+ 3 door Suburbans.
(American built Ford model 'T's only had doors on the curbside for the same reason. The other side only had the impression of doors. The sides were solid. Canadian built Models 'T's had doors on both sides!)

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 2002 cavalier coupe has a lever to slide forward all the way on both seats. Its located on the back of the seat near the door on the bottom. But my 96 monte carlo only had the passenger side lever. so I guess it varies.

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've picked up two "Cargo" light switches for my truck and neither of them illuminate. Is there a bulb in the switch that can be replaced?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've picked up two "Cargo" light switches for my truck and neither of them illuminate. Is there a bulb in the switch that can be replaced?

The only part that lights up is the words above the rocker. They come on with the parking lights

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, guess I have no luck as both switches don't light up.

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
The only part that lights up is the words above the rocker. They come on with the parking lights

I believe some do not have the internals for a light, but not completely sure about that. Here is one I did a LED upgrade on for a friend. Since I have a 91, the switches are different, so I would check and see if your switches have 4 connectors or just two, or just pop them open like shown in the pic to find out. I have only dealt with the one I upgraded, so that is all the experience I have with that particular switch.
You must be registered for see images attach