The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ooboo

Reaction score
How is the air bag switch retained in the dash? Mine is falling out on one side and I can't determine if there are tabs broken off or if they are just not catching.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It should have 4 ratchet/step clips. One at each corner on the sides. Ill take a look at mine I. About a half hour. I'm still working

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the rear trim piece that goes around the back of the cab and covers the speakers the same on regular cab and extended?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The piece under the back window is the same. The 'B' pillars, where the speakers are, are different between the 2 body styles. Early standard cab trucks, (pre-'95) all came with the full plastic trim.
The long 'A' pillar trim that goes all the way back over top of the door, the larger roof piece over the rear window, the full 'B' pillar trim which goes floor to roof, & the large piece under the rear window. They may or not come with the passenger side 'A' pillar 'Holy Crap!' handle.
If you are wanting to swap the early stuff into the later year trucks, you will also need the headliner from the early truck. The later year H/L's are shorter side to side by about 1.5", & do not tuck into the longer 'A' pillar pieces over the door as they should.
The later year H/L's are longer front-back, but that doesn't make a difference, as the early plastic piece will fit over top of it.
Both styles of interior pieces use the same overhead light in the same position, so no probs. there.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need the trim that goes from the floor up and around the back window for my 98 regular cab and I was gonna see if the extended cab trim was the same.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thank you. The 98-2000 reg cab is the only ones I could use since they moved speakers and had different seatbelt mounting right?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You CAN use the older model parts. Where the speakers go in those, in my truck, there are no speakers under there. I mounted 6.5's down in the lower part where the big space is. Covered the inner wall with 'fat-mat', & filled the cavity with polypropelene fiber. (terralene, qualofil, whatever. Goes by lotsa names. Basically it's a plastic type of fiberglass insulation.)
With the full plastic pieces, you lose the adjustability of the upper shoulder mounts. The large pieces have one set placement. You have to set the belt in that adjuster so that it lines up with the hole in the big pieces. The lower mounts for the seat belts remain the same.