The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm replacing exterior door handle and and removing interior door panel for access. I can't remember how or what to remove on the bezel on the door opening handle. Trying not to break anything. Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response! There are 4 clips at 12, 3, 6 & 9 o'clock. The clips release when pushed to the outside edges. Short pieces of hack-saw blade with the teeth ground off, or something similar can be used to hold each tab in the released position, as you work on releasing the others.

94Z71er

Reaction score
Ugly Door Panels...

I need some help, i bought this truck and it came with these door panels:
You must be registered for see images attach

But it seems to be like a big sticker kind of thing because i can pull it off and the regular grey door panel material is there. You can see towards the top in the middle that some of it has worn out. So can anyone tell me what this is? And can i buy a all black one? Because i will be changing my interior color to all black. Thanks for all the help!

94Z71er

Reaction score
Tyler, would any fabric work?

This industrial contact adhesive, can i buy this a autozone or is a online purchase? What would you recommend?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i believe the stuff i use to use at the shop was called k kwik i think it was from home depot, ill do some searching soon and pm you. since you have the stock padding on back you can probably get away with wrapping it around contact adhesive and a staple or two on the back side.

as for fabric, some stuff is foamyand i wouldnt recommend that, you could use basic vinyl or polyester,cotton or whatever it is that you get at places such as joanne fabrics, if your familiar with that. otherwise search for fabric places around you and ask if they have any automotive interior upholstery you could use on door panels thats plain blakc, or whatever your looking for. or get it online, ossibilites are endless.

cant remember or find the adhesive we use. weve used 3M in the past in cans thats a good temporary hold but weve had some picky times with it. also DAP makes good stuff but some of it isnt for use on foam so be careful of that. ill keep searching, maybe al can lead you in the right direction on this one because i havent the slightest rememberanc eof the brands name.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
3M '90' will work on the front, & an auto trim adhesive (black tube) will work on the back.
If you're gonna use staples on the back, no longer than 3/8".
You can get auto fabrics/vinyls from an auto upholstery shop. Many times they will have smaller pieces left over from other jobs.
Or, you could peel that stuff off, & dye the door panel. Much easier. I've posted info & instructions on that a couple times in this thread.
If you can't find that, post up here, & I'll try to find that. I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Gotta big day today, so don't have a lot of time to re-write that, right now.

94Z71er

Reaction score
Got a question for everyone. I will be repainting my interior pieces and i want to know what are the products to use. I know the process but i need to know the right product to use.

Also, if what you suggest will work on the plastic AND the metal bracket that hold the seats up. Thanks you guys!

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
The duplicolor spray can stuff seems to work okay. SEM makes dyes

That camo is just fabric glued on with spray adhesive. I wouldn't use cloth like the guy before you did. Go to a fabric shop and find some durable stuff.

94Z71er

Reaction score
Yeah I picked up the fabric and glue for that cammo. I'm good to go on that. But I was talking more on the center console, dash, trim, metal brackets that hold up the seats. What stuff from SEM should I buy for those applications?