The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
that dowel should just slide right out, did on my camaro and my truck. my friend said his had a clip on the inside of his 90. put a towel down under it and soak it in some penetrating oil and clean it up so you can see what your doing more.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it will slide out towards the hump? In the picture is that some kind of a nut that pops off?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
hard to tell but possible. could be a push keeper, a c pin of sorts, or just slide in and out. id clean the area first and see what you can see, picture doenst tell much of a story.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know I tried to get a good one, it's also an awkward position trying to mess with it!

xJLdep

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need help! Im swapping my crashed out Extended cab on my 95 4x4 for a Crew Cab of 98 vintage...question is- how much of the 98 dash will work with the 95 wiring? Im hoping its a simple swap (ignore the VIN liabilities. its not an issue here). The only visual (besides the physical size and moving a cab/bed mount) is the crew cab has Hydra-boost brakes and my 95 Ext has vacuum boost. Any help and advice is appreciated! -Steve

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a brand new dash bezel, headlight switch plate and screws to attach it. Before I screw the plate onto the bezel is there anything I can or should do to help prevent the holes from cracking?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I know I tried to get a good one, it's also an awkward position trying to mess with it!

Why not unbolt the whole assembly from the firewall so you are not working upside down, and can see what you are dealing with?

I bought a brand new dash bezel, headlight switch plate and screws to attach it. Before I screw the plate onto the bezel is there anything I can or should do to help prevent the holes from cracking?

Dont over tighten them :lol: it's not a lugnut!

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha I figured that just wondering if there was maybe a tip or something to help prevent it. Also how hard is it to take the accelerator assembly off?