The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

needlenose

Reaction score
Where's a good place to buy a stock replacement head? Summit has a reman from Vege(?) which I believe is ATK who has a horrific reputation online.

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where's a good place to buy a stock replacement head? Summit has a reman from Vege(?) which I believe is ATK who has a horrific reputation online.
Jeggs?
What's the application? I have read that reman Vortec heads are prone to failure.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Vortec heads in general are prone to failure if mistreated. They're not like the indestructible old school SBC heads.

Just stay away from any variation of ATK. Absolute junk.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score

It May be a good idea to hunt down heads in a junk yard and take them to machine shop honestly. Only problem is used vortec heads for cheap are getting hard to come by thanks to cash for clunkers. Otherwise dickey scoggin would be a reputable dealer.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
How do I get the lower fan shroud out? I am replacing oil cooler lines. I see two bolts holding it in at the bottom but do I go in through the front or back I can't see.

Reaction score
What is the other sensor loomed with crankshaft position sensor? Crank would be on pass side and the other is on drivers side.

99 tahoe with 5.7 vortec tree-fitty

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with identifying the cause of this ? Just took upper intake off and seen this......have been getting random misfire codes and all the usual symptoms involved .....have been trouble shooting it just sucks because it's my daily driver and my check engine light started flashing yesterday so maybe I can get some good input on this .....much appreciated!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with identifying the cause of this ? Just took upper intake off and seen this......have been getting random misfire codes and all the usual symptoms involved .....have been trouble shooting it just sucks because it's my daily driver and my check engine light started flashing yesterday so maybe I can get some good input on this .....much appreciated!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

sounds like you might be in the same boat as me, post up your codes etc with details......