The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by Mike, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Tiny Trucker

Tiny Trucker I'm Awesome

I would if the motor was in top condition, waste of money for me as it has rod knock and is tired so I am just keeping the old girl chugging until I can afford a 5.7 LS1 swap.

2. east302

east302 I'm Awesome

Is there a trick to replacing the stabilizer bar bushings on a 4x4? Not the end links...just the two bushings that are bracketed to the frame.

I’ve never cussed so much in my life trying to do these on my Tahoe. I could drop the stabilizer bar low enough to remove the originals, but not enough to get the new bushings on and oriented correctly. I tried putting them on and hitting them with a hammer to rotate into position but no dice. I tried loosening the end links and jacking up the LCA to various heights.

I gave up, I must be missing something. Do the end links have to come out? This was supposed to take ten minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MrBru

MrBru Newbie

Hello everybody!

I have noticed engine check light and get a P0405 (EGR Sensor A Circuit Low) code, I had this problem before with very rough idling and engine dying when low speed: helped clean EGR valve, then it appeared again and cleaned again and after another 1 year I have decided to buy a new Acdelco: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=87739&cc=1303647&jsn=489 and I have replaced it today.

I have noticed, that I need to be more careful pressing a gas pedal because if my feet is too heave (as before) looks like it choking engine and also engine became a little bit more silent. Just asking what kind of behavior I should expect with the new EGR valve? (Engine is 5.7l v8 in '99 sub, with around 200k miles.)

Mr B.

4. Viru

Viru Newbie

I've a 94 C1500 Suburban and a real rookie question - how can I fit a standard 14" air cleaner (one screw in the middle) onto a TBI (two screws on the edge)? I want to throw an open element filter and possibly a filter top on this thing.

[​IMG]

5. Dover

Dover Newbie

6. Wade

Wade I'm Awesome

You can also take a length of 1/4-20 allthread and bend it to shape. Just measure the distance from the twin studs to the single stud hole that is between the injectors.

7. Viru

Viru Newbie

Much appreciated! Air filter is on its way and I'll start a build thread with pics when I install it.