Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Yep mine is at 7 or 8 now lol. Question for you I have replaced my door speakers with 6.5" Kicker CS series(had them sitting around) would you recommend that I skip the 4x6's in the pillar and do 6x9's in their own boxes behind the seat or just replace the 4x6's? I don't listen to anything crazy bass wise. So no need for a sub and amp, I have been also debating eliminating the radio and putting a bluetooth receiver like the JL audio MBT-RX and a 200w 2 channel amp. I listen to spotify more than anything so that is my thought behind that idea lol.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, ditch the 4x6's and do 6x9's.... way more sound and with a good box, you will have some bass coming from them. That powersport stuff with Bluetooth is pretty awesome. I believe we have the MTX version. I ALWAYS say amplify if you can! Dynamic power makes the music fun and enjoyable!!!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm gearing up for my cage install, and I do believe I'm gonna buy a decent pipe notcher. I've been looking at the Buildpro. I'm kinda hoping Mr. EricTheAweful will chime in here. That guy knows his **** when it comes to cages!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
@Erik the Awful, What tubing notcher do you recommend?

I have this one at my dad's shop.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have one for pipe, but I have one for flat work. I use it when I build trim panels and cover boards.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my tubing notcher at Steve's Wholesale, a local chain comparable to Harbor Freight. It looks identical to the HF model. The notches are usually about 1/16" to 1/8" off-center. I really need to shim it back to center, but it's been a while since I built a cage. To me, having a perfect tubing notcher doesn't matter so much because you end up doing so much trial and error until the pieces fit. Cut everything long and trim it all to fit. Instead of spending the money on a high-end tubing notcher, buy a cheap one and spend the extra money on a second and third grinder and a 4' plug strip. Put a cutting wheel on one, a flap wheel on the second, and a grinding wheel on the third. You'll be using them all, and having them all plugged in at hand along with your chop saw and tubing notcher is gold. Also plan on burning through some hole saws.

Edit: That Woodward Fab looks identical to the Harbor Freight. If they don't say it was made in the USA, and you can't even tell that it wasn't made in the same factory, why pay twice as much?

Last edited:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to say that over course of today I read this entire thread and it is pretty inspiring. Can't wait for you to get it to make noise. Awesome build!
Your words are to kind! Thank you Sir! Its definitely been an interesting build. This is the first time I've shared and documented a build in a forum, and I can say I appreciate everyone's input, suggestions, and ideas. Look forward to hearing you chime in, please don't be shy!
Thanks again to all my friends, followers, and fellow builders!!!