Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the input, suggestions, comments, hints, etc....
I feel that is why we are here sharing our builds is to ultimately make them better, and the best builds ALWAYS come from a collective of resources!!!

As far as a cowl hood, I'm working with a body shop that is fabricating an HD truck hood with working induction. Im all about keeping stuff cool, so I'm thinking that hood raise across the whole hood instead on just in the middle......more air flow means cooler operating Temps, at least thats my thinking!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol! My 1st thought was to ceramic coat the inner fenders!

Well, on that note, I've already been looking into ceramic coating the hot side of the turbo.

So, they said "build a race truck, it'll be fun!" And i have to admit im having a blast building this one. What they didn't tell you about was the little things you have to buy to go that fast. Easiest way to spend a $100 is with fuel fittings!!!! More exactly -10 AN fittings.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, just a little lunch time update. Got a few new, and critical parts in today from Holley, the 92mm sniper throttle body and VS Racing, a pair of 50mm BOVs and some misc clamps and boot.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cowl hoods let air in, not out. That doesn't help cooling. If OP wants to keep underhood heat down he'd need extractor vents.

http://hoodlouvers.com/

I'm thinking of getting some for my dually. While I've never gotten it hot before, the right conditions could make it happen.
Cowl hoods absolutely allow hotter air to escape the engine bay at idle and slow speeds. As speed rises cooler air is drawn in through the cowl, but that only happens at speeds high enough to lower air pressure at the base of the windshield.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cowl hoods absolutely allow hotter air to escape the engine bay at idle and slow speeds. As speed rises cooler air is drawn in through the cowl, but that only happens at speeds high enough to lower air pressure at the base of the windshield.

Which if I had to guess is 30mph+. I'd be curious to see how much of an actual difference it made at lower speeds if any.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So even if a cowl hood doesn’t help anything....does it hurt anything? Cause if not, I want one just for the cool factor.

I have a cowl hood on my 1500 because I like the look. The opening itself has a perforated plate over it and I had the insulation pad reinstalled on the underside so as to not hurt cooling at speed.