Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cont…

Moved on to some stuff I’ve had laying around. @fancyTBI sent me some things a while back. A CHMSL lens and gasket and the 2 wiper cowl corners that are always broken. While I had the 3rd brake light out, I cut and grounded terminal “A” to provide a ground to the cargo lamps. This allows the cargo lamps to be activated with the switch at ANYtime.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also polished the lens while it was off. Turned out nice :cool:
Looks good, I did the same to mine, but **** a coat of Meguiers Lens Clear Coat with UV protection just in case. Keeps them looking new too!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I did the same to mine, but **** a coat of Meguiers Lens Clear Coat with UV protection just in case. Keeps them looking new too!
That’s a good idea. I’ve got a shaker can of random clear in my paint cabinet I believe. I’ll have to **** a coat too. Whatever that means. :anitoof:

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil change looks pretty sketchy to me. That's a lot of metallic, and if those aren't air bubbles in the second pan shot, there should not be particles that large moving around a fresh rebuild. Since you said there wasn't much on the magnetic plug, that could be bearing material. Also could be the culprit for reduced mileage, if something really has gone wrong.

Admittedly I'm saying this without fully digging through the thread again, to see the engine history.

Lens came out pretty good. I'm not too impressed with GM's implementation though, kinda mounts like an afterthought, and the gasket fit is pretty terrible. Thinking about shaving mine, along with the door handles.

Some of my professional editing to highlight what I speak of.

Attachments

• 67BF067D-9475-4353-B972-E2AAF1F720FB.jpeg
    67BF067D-9475-4353-B972-E2AAF1F720FB.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@KansasOBS thanks for your insight. Engine is a fresh rebuild with 3500 miles on it. The big stuff does worry me. But looking back at some of the pictures I took when I got the engine back, I’m not entirely convinced they did a super job cleaning the block before assembly, so what I’m seeing could be old oil sludge or burnt oil being broken up?

I too hate the way they designed the brake light. There’s a few from other manufacturers that would look good grafted in.

As a note, surprisingly this last tank got me 12.9 mpg. :33:

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I spent about an hour on my knees crawling around pressure washing as much mud as I could from underneath.

I’ll be taking the fire chief to work when it rains.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NICE!! She's looking mean and Teal!! :driver:

Nice work on the 3rd brake light as well as the tip for it!! I like the vise too!!

I'd keep running it until it gives up as well as the belt, looks like you got both covered if they fail!!

This will be the dumb question of the week, is there a replacement for the foam rubber for the high mount brake light?

the end cowl pieces look good as well, its the little things that count!! Looking great!