Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
Thats quite a difference in mileage. I'd be curious old numbers to new. Is your speedo off?

Not even important, but just some babbling from me. I swapped from 4:10's to 5:38's in my truck. Measured the tires, and put it in one of those calculator thingys. 5:38 was the closest I could get to the equivalent of stock. Speedo is right on the dot, was pretty surprising. Well, only checked with gps, but its closer than what my daily for a long time had been, lol.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the rain has reminded me why I need to leave my truck at the height it is until I can retire it from farm truck duties. My front air dam acts like the blade on a D6 cat. Sigh…

You must be registered for see images attach

I really need to get a “chore truck”.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the rain has reminded me why I need to leave my truck at the height it is until I can retire it from farm truck duties. My front air dam acts like the blade on a D6 cat. Sigh…

You must be registered for see images attach

I really need to get a “chore truck”.
You absolutely need a WT man. Or can you rig up the ol’ Cub Cadet for farm work?

As far as your gas mileage, how many miles are on the motor after the work that was done to it? It looks like the economy is trending up slightly. Don’t you live pretty close to work? Or do these tanks include more than just short trips? That’s worse than my C2500 which has gotten 16 as its highest in September of ‘22.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You absolutely need a WT man. Or can you rig up the ol’ Cub Cadet for farm work?

As far as your gas mileage, how many miles are on the motor after the work that was done to it? It looks like the economy is trending up slightly. Don’t you live pretty close to work? Or do these tanks include more than just short trips? That’s worse than my C2500 which has gotten 16 as its highest in September of ‘22.
I’m always looking for one. I need work to pick back up. Of course I could probably sell the fire chief Tahoe and buy a gmt400 suburban and a w/t with that money… hmmmm

Thanks for reminding me about the cub cadet, it’s been sitting for a long time. That brand new $600 clutch/driveshaft assembly I put in it broke. I need to pull it in the shop, pull the assembly out and do a little welding. Then I can definitely use it daily. I even rehabbed a little dump trailer so I can use it for trash and scrap duty too.

I am only 1/2 mile to work, quarter mile if I go through the pasture (the way I’ll go on the cub cadet :Big Laugh: )

I’m about 2000-2500 miles on the new engine. Mileage is a bunch of short trips with warm up idling when it’s really cold. But I also go to town a few times a week. I’ll keep tracking it and I’ll also get the rear gear ratio, then see what size tires Escalades had and compare that to what I’m currently running, then call my little sister to do all the math to figure out my actual mileage is. :ROFLJest:

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man there’s your problem. All them short trips. I bet that would be way higher if you had a longer commute.
That makes sense. When I get a few more things sorted, I’ll go on a road trip.

Oh yea, I ordered another muffler. Should be here in a few days :anitoof:
Hush Thrush, hoping it’s quieter. The Borla sounds awesome it’s just a little rowdy for this truck. I’ll keep it and put it in my W/T